• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Aliens Vol 1 reach cult status
1 1

288 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2024 at 2:29 PM, TK2 said:

Has anyone come across this error for Aliens 1 before?  Area 88, 25 was printed at the same time and the below is that interior plus the cover to Aliens 1.

Aliens 1 May 1988 CGC 9.2 Manufacturing Error - ”Manufactured with interior of “Area 88 #25””

IMG_0560.jpeg

That is crazy!  I have never seen that.  Thx for sharing.  When did you get that book?

On 4/8/2024 at 10:04 AM, jjfversion1 said:

I noticed my GPA portfolio jumped a bit!

I've said it a few times, but it bears repeating: we have an Alien movie coming this summer, which looks like it could be a real winner; and shortly thereafter a new Alien tv series with a pedigreed show runner is on the way. Alien is going to be more visible than ever very soon. I don't know what that will mean for the value of the comics (and I don't really care much, since I've already got mine), but the franchise is going to be in the spotlight for a minute. Based on the trailer, and the track record of the director, I have high hopes for the film, and similar hopes for the series. Tons of new, quality Alien content suddenly being released certainly can't hurt the overall visibility and desirability of the property. Will prices creep upward again due to FOMO (collectors wanting to nail their copies down before a potential spike) or spec brought on by those projects? Should be interesting to see. Like I said, doesn't matter to me, I don't sell my Alien stuff, but it could be a wild ride.

Got my tickets for the 45th Anniversary screening of Alien this Friday! We're going to take our 16 year old niece, should be fun. She's seen Aliens, but has never watched the first film (which is my all time favorite movie.) Should be a lot of fun. My wife doesn't care much either way, but is a good sport. 

Alien is the focus of not just my comic collection, but my overall collecting, and prices seem to have been bumping up a bit here and there. I've been proactive in locking down a few pieces I'd been straggling on, just in case there's a bump in all Alien prices due to the movie and show. I've got most of the big stuff, but there are some odds and ends I need to squirrel away. FOMO is real. I don't think we're going to see any kind of CRAZY shift in demand and prices, but I also don't expect Alien stuff to get any cheaper in the next year or two, so may as well finish off those little collections while I still can. Luckily Alien/Aliens isn't Star Wars or Star Trek; there's plenty out there to collect, but it's not an impossible goal to "catch 'em all."