• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,224 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2022 at 10:15 PM, Microchip said:

Confidence isn't sky high at the moment thats for sure.

A good, or even great trailer, is proof of very little these days.   Fool me once...

After Iron Man, I eagerly checked the Internet frequently for DVD release dates, then ran out and bought Blu-Ray disks for all of the Marvel movies as soon as I could. That is, unitl we got Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and The Eternals. The last MCU DVD I bought is Ant-Man and the Wasp but I skipped the previously mentioned 2 movies and wish I'd skipped Ragnarok. I have Disney+ but still haven't managed to finish The Eternals, despite trying 5 times. I'm up to the 45 minute mark, which is as much as I can take. The TV shows are easier to take because I can play them on one monitor while I work on another. My guess is that if I saw the exact same material in a movie theater, I'd walk out.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, DC# said:

You can search by title and just check sold items only in the search to see final results which is at least something.     As has been said before, they primarily deal with cards and sports memorabilia so the comic, toy, and video game auctions tend to be a lot less frequent.    Also seem to be getting more and more into movie memorabilia

Here are some other Goldin results from yesterday - a mix of soft and in the range of current pricing.    But there was nothing that was 40-50% lower than current values or recent sales like IH 181.     And Goldin has moved some really big books at new records this past year (Batman 1, Action 1, Detective 27, Superman 1, etc.) so they are able to get to some of the right people......

But overall hard to disagree that it is not a primary vehicle for selling comics - for buyers or sellers.  

FF #1 6.5 - $43.2k (soft - but maybe a sign of trend?)

FF #1 5.0 - $25.5k. (soft - but maybe a sign of trend?)

FF #5 6.0 - $16.8k (in the range)

ASM #1 3.5 - $11.2k (in the range)

Superman #1 3.0 - $420k (in the range as much as one can tell)

Batman #1 2.0 - $174k (soft - at least seems to be given last sales)

X-Men #1 7.0 - 28.8k (in the range)

X-Men #1 5.0 - $15.6k (soft)

AF #15 1.5 - $19.3k (in the range)

AF #15 5.0 - $50.4k (probably in the range given price trends.   This is higher than this past week's Clink result)

JIM #83 7.0 - $28.8k. (probably in range given price trends)

And I just added the Bat and Super #1 to the Six Figure Club thread.  

Do you have a direct link to where the comic books are at on that website?

On 11/2/2022 at 6:18 AM, Kosmo23 said:

Do you have a direct link to where the comic books are at on that website?

After the auction is over, you literally have to search by title to see all prior sales.    At least that all I have been able to uncover.    There is no landing page for prior auctions where everything is listed.    And if there is no active auction that has comics - you won’t see anything in current auctions.    The only active auction right now is their Oct Sports related auction. 

On 11/2/2022 at 6:25 AM, D84 said:
On 11/2/2022 at 5:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Anything, you say?

image.png.4f4b75d1ad558f5c0902e2d6c2702cf5.png

Expand  

I'm going to track one down.

Buns of Steel 

On 11/1/2022 at 11:15 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Miss my copies.  Always preferred 122, but that Spidey booty on 121 is indeed hard to resist...:insane:

7BA53299-5769-417E-A00C-860D29283060.jpeg.8dd90f3299a0a8ccf1c7d7850df4769e.jpeg3622CAB9-A235-41DA-80CB-EDD0A2ACC5B8.jpeg.be2c0aa477f00f8d70cb491437586b60.jpeg

Apologies  I hit the wrong numbers !

i much prefer the cover to 122 but I think the ending of 121 with the death is peak of the story. I actually think the death of Gwen is a bigger wow factor than the death of Norman. 
i also love my 123 with a great Luke Cage cover. It’s a superb trilogy of books. 

On 11/2/2022 at 6:36 AM, DC# said:

After the auction is over, you literally have to search by title to see all prior sales.    At least that all I have been able to uncover.    There is no landing page for prior auctions where everything is listed.    And if there is no active auction that has comics - you won’t see anything in current auctions.    The only active auction right now is their Oct Sports related auction. 

Sounds as though they need to hire the know nothing IT guys that revamped the Metro/CC website, as this Goldin auction site sounds even worse than that one there.  :p  :facepalm:

On 11/3/2022 at 12:36 AM, DC# said:

I had the same experience.   If you didn't know better, you would never know they auction comics as well, within the first 5 minutes of navigating around the site. 

On 11/2/2022 at 10:02 PM, Microchip said:

Most of the blood seems to be on Eternals #1 9.8 -71%!!!

Well then, thank goodness I didn't waste my time and money sending in any of my copies for grading last year because by the time I would have gotten them back from CGC next year, they might have made the full round trip and be worth less than the cover price which I had paid for them in the first place.  :devil:

Edited by lou_fine

On 11/3/2022 at 2:13 AM, lou_fine said:

Well then, thank goodness I didn't waste my time and money sending in any of my copies for grading last year because by the time I would have gotten them back from CGC next year, they might have made the full round trip and be worth less than the cover price which I had paid for them in the first place.  :devil:

I did, and now I'm in the red. :wink::flipbait::facepalm:

On 11/3/2022 at 7:09 AM, Microchip said:

The lure of fame and fortune is eternal.

..as they use to say at my LCS.

I should have kept using my "after market" copies as scrap paper. Live and learn, or not. :wishluck: