• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,083 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2024 at 11:40 PM, batmiesta said:

Happens nearly every Clink auction, never to the books I'm selling though. :violin:

My too, although I think that is mostly because I dump a lot of my junk there. 

On 4/25/2024 at 1:45 PM, Stefan_W said:

Well this seems excessive. Maybe a couple of people typoed when they were putting in bids. 

capture.jpg

No not really, I sold the 9.2 Don Rosa copy for $400+ this year.   Wrightson is gold right now, in any and all contributions,

Wow - that is a lot of red :(  I'd think we would be seeing a lot more green on the left side of the chart with it being the start of comic book season.  

And everything is over $350 so this is the good stuff and we still see so much red.  That's sad.  I don't have GPA but we must be seeing 2018 - 2019 prices at this point with a lot of these books.

Edited by 1Cool

On 4/29/2024 at 5:05 AM, 1Cool said:

Wow - that is a lot of red :(  I'd think we would be seeing a lot more green on the left side of the chart with it being the start of comic book season.  

And everything is over $350 so it was one of their premier auctions with the "great stuff" and we still see so much red.  That's sad.  I don't have GPA but we must be seeing 2018 - 2019 prices at this point with a lot of these books.

This is one of their regular auctions, not the premier ones which they call featured. The featured one is coming up in a couple of weeks. Nothing I bid on, which is mostly keys and "cover" books in high grade, is back to '18-'19 prices yet. I'm sure you can find filler stuff that might be back to that but anything that is broadly desirable is still above. Prices are basically where they should be if you take out the the pandemic madness... about 10-25% higher now than they were in '18-'19. That's on average, as we all know books sell in a pretty wide range of prices and there is no such thing as a set FMV despite what people on the internet try to preach. Even pre-pandemic you could find high and low outlier sales and now you can find high and low outlier sales.

On 4/26/2024 at 1:06 PM, LordRahl said:

100% it was not market manipulation. I have sold books prior to the covid madness that went for literally 5x their normal selling price. I got paid. There was no market manipulation. As someone else pointed out CL doesn't get reported to GPA or any other sales tracking site... hard to manipulate a market when only the people that bid on the book know about it (typically). I know it got called out here and now more people know about it but that couldn't have been an expected outcome for someone "manipulating the market". Sometimes this happens with auctions, 2 guys really want a book and throw in crazy bids at the end. It's an outlier and likely not repeatable but also not market manipulation.

Why don't ComicLink sales get applied to the GPA? A site dedicated to comic sales alone and they get excluded?