• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
41 41

7,865 posts in this topic

I think the issue with the 6.0 is that it is looks more like a 5.0/5.5. And the 8.0 looks 7.5 at best.

Edited by kimik

On 8/27/2024 at 2:46 PM, ThothAmon said:

Have a bunch of tracking bids on Comiclink ending tonight and I’m stunned at the spread on Action 242.  Still some decent room to go to hit recent sales prices on both copies. 

IMG_2609.jpeg

I’ve got tracking on the same two and yeah I’m a bit surprised at the spread as well but the main book on CL I’m watching (not bidding) is this one… just not a book you see everyday with a yellow label:IMG_3453.thumb.jpeg.394cda7c72aad860be1a619ecaa3670a.jpeg

This is an interesting one. Apparently only 10 copies at 9.8 exist and the cover was done by a deceased beloved artist. Last sale in GPA was $8850 (2021), but the one before that was $200 (2020). Given the high sale was in the middle of the comic boom I am inclined to think the seller did very well with this one, but that person may disagree with me. 

capture.jpg

On 8/27/2024 at 9:15 PM, Stefan_W said:

This is an interesting one. Apparently only 10 copies at 9.8 exist and the cover was done by a deceased beloved artist. Last sale in GPA was $8850 (2021), but the one before that was $200 (2020). Given the high sale was in the middle of the comic boom I am inclined to think the seller did very well with this one, but that person may disagree with me. 

capture.jpg

I personally believe there are many more copies of this book sitting around somewhere.  Seriously.  It was a promo giveaway.  The artist was a clothing designer and offered the book in coordination with sales of his T Shirt. 

The copy that sold tonight was originally offered for $16,000 on eBay earlier this year.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/126573734648

Here was the thread discussing it.  Check out my last post in it. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/27/2024 at 9:03 PM, g-man said:

ASM #50 cgc 9.8 $125k

AF #15 cgc 6.0 $100k

The AF15 that sold tonight was a 6.5 not a 6.0.  The only reason I am nitpicking the grade is because it is mind numbing to consider that a 6.5 went for almost double that a couple of years ago.  So whoever paid almost $200 for that grade 2-3 years ago is taking a bath to the tune of $100k. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/27/2024 at 9:26 PM, Buzzetta said:

The AF15 that sold tonight was a 6.5 not a 6.0.  That is almost mind numbing consider that a 6.5 went for almost double that a couple of years ago.  So whoever paid almost $200 for that grade 2-3 years ago is taking a bath to the tune of $100k. 

Fixed it….yea big drop. :jawdrop:

• Administrator
On 8/27/2024 at 9:26 PM, Buzzetta said:

The AF15 that sold tonight was a 6.5 not a 6.0.  The only reason I am nitpicking the grade is because it is mind numbing to consider that a 6.5 went for almost double that a couple of years ago.  So whoever paid almost $200 for that grade 2-3 years ago is taking a bath to the tune of $100k. 

On 8/27/2024 at 9:28 PM, g-man said:

Fixed it….yea big drop. :jawdrop:

I remember that the 6.0's were climbing up there too.  My 6.0 is worth more than I paid so I am happy.  Honestly I am not kicking down doors or anything.  However, I would be lying if it didn't tingle my arm for it to be worth more.  So... I will wait. 

I don’t pay a lot of attention to the big books at the big auction houses.

I have noticed some pretty cool books at the smaller end of the spectrum going for pretty decent prices on the Bay lately.

I either forgot about or didn’t bid on a few cool GA books that went a lot below what I would have bid if I was paying better attention…

On 8/24/2024 at 3:55 PM, lou_fine said:

Interesting to note that this set managed to hit into the teens, but I imagine nowhere close to the Reserve price as the bid has now been bumped up all the way to $7,900 with the notation that the next bid of $8K will hit the reserve price.  Wonder if anybody will be willing to hit the bid button, considering the sheer number of uber HG copies of this book out there?  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

The answer was a resounding nopers! 

I mistakenly thought the GA CL auctions ended tonight. I had tracking bids on about 30 books that ended last night.

Glad I missed it. Other than the Ghost Comics #7, I would've been crushed on every book.  Granted, I typically avoid mainstream superhero (although I wanted several HG Wonder Woman that must have broken GPA highs) so I don't know how they did, but wrt everything I pursue, the market remains strong. 

On 8/29/2024 at 1:04 AM, Stefan_W said:

The answer was a resounding nopers! 

I think auction houses sometimes ask the seller if they would be interested in lowering the reserve to the highest bid price or offering a 2nd chance offer to the highest 3 bidders.  I wonder if they gave the seller that option and they declined or if the seller may still do the sale with one of the highest 3 bidders after the fact in private.

The early ASMs I was hunting for in the CL auction are already sitting over current market value. Looks like I will be sitting on my hands again tonight. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 8/30/2024 at 3:42 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Everything I bid on goes for way over "FMV."

:691460725_armsraised:

Same here, nothing soft about this price. 

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #100, CGC 9.6 NM+, CVA Exceptional
The Auction Has Ended

1971, Anniversary issue; Classic Romita cover

Current Bid: $2,376
Number Of Bids: 34 history.gif

Add to WantList  [Sell One Of These]

00008350096000000051837018_TH.jpg