• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Been Banned By MyComicShop
6 6

113 posts in this topic

I was going through some older orders and noticed that an order I placed in late February had not yet been shipped.

I reached out to customer service today and the representative told me that "The owner no longer wants to do business with you."

I asked why and she said that was all the information she had and then proceeded to hang up on me.

Wow... great customer service.

I ordered several books years ago and returned several because they were over graded -- way too many spine ticks acceptable for modern books in NM or NM- condition. I can only assume that's the reason I'm banned.

It's unfortunate - I liked their site and they had a great selection of books. I feel like I've been "Soup Nazi'd"

18 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Soup Nazi'd"

My “friend”, who was a bad little boy, received a lump of coal from Santa in 1971.  His mother had him write a letter saying he would be good. The next year Santa brought the presents. Try writing Buddy a letter/email requesting reinstatement. You never know. 

3B34FA97-F6D0-4F21-8BD1-9E1041F8521D.png

First time I've heard of someone being banned by them. I've asked to return a few comics from them that had spine ticks, but they have always been comics less than $5 and they either sent me a replacement or a refund and I got to keep the other comics. I've never returned a comic that was consigned through them.  They usually undergrade their consigned raw books so they don't have to deal with returns after they've already issued payment.  Without more information I'm assuming that you're the problem, not MCS. 

1 hour ago, NamesJay said:

I ordered several books years ago and returned several because they were over graded -- way too many spine ticks acceptable for modern books in NM or NM- condition. I can only assume that's the reason I'm banned.

I'm curious why would you continue to buy from them if they don't meet your standards

I reached out to customer service today and the representative told me that "The owner no longer wants to do business with you."

Consignors don't know who the buyers of their books are. That makes no sense. 

@mycomicshop

I was going through some older orders and noticed that an order I placed in late February had not yet been shipped.

I asked why and she said that was all the information she had and then proceeded to hang up on me.

Wow... great customer service.

It's unfortunate - I liked their site and they had a great selection of books. I feel like I've been "Soup Nazi'd"

MCS is known to undergrade pretty significantly.  I can see them being frustrated by a buyer who said they were overgrading.

MCS is my main source and they've always been above standard. Seriously, I would sing their praises as much as possible because it's always been an excellent experience. If they actually cited the 'owner' not wanting to do business with you, may I ask, did you have an interaction with him personally outside of your buying experience? On another online forum or something? 

25 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

They have that reputation now.

They have had that reputation for years.  I have been buying from them for 8 years.  Boards have mentioned their their tight grading for at least that long.  What years were they overgrading may I ask?