• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having MAJOR ISSUES WITH COMICCONNECT?
4 4

155 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

So they state they can't obligate anyone to sell, but they will happily charge your credit card  and see what happens. 

How about not charging a card until the book actually ships.  That might light a fire under some asses.

That's a really good idea. I would gladly give them my card info at the time of order, even if I knew it wouldn't be charged until the book(s) shipped. CL charged my card a total of almost $2000 2 months ago & just shipped them out last week. I'm not sure I would've spent that money if I knew how long it would take. If a 'charge when shipped' plan was in effect when I ordered, I probably would've just cancelled after 2 or 3 weeks. Come to think of it, that might be why they don't do it.

2 hours ago, shadroch said:

So they state they can't obligate anyone to sell, but they will happily charge your credit card  and see what happens. 

No.  What they state is they can't obligate anyone to sell for under their asking price.  

I agree they should not be charging you until they know the book is in hand and available to ship.  I've asked for such a policy to be instituted and will post any response in this thread.

Edited by MattTheDuck

Update 6/8:

Checked the mail last night and to my surprise, there was the refund check with $50 extra as I  requested.  $4600 total

I'm just glad I got my money back and this fiasco is over with!

Currently, I definitely wont be buying anything from their marketplace until they fix their flawed system as well as their accounting system for open ordersThere have been some really good suggestions/ideas presented on this thread from members that CC should definitely look into.

To me, it just seems as if CC is still stuck in phone > e-mail mode.  But as someone else mentioned, - it's the digital age now.  E-mail is a perfectly acceptable form of communication, and one that I prefer over talking over the phone for multiple reasons.

CC did send an "apology" letter with an order I received 4 days ago, but that apology just made me more furious, - so I did not want to talk about it until I received the check in the mail.

In their "apology", - they only place fault on the consignor not being able to uphold their part of the deal.  Where is the apology for their failure to keep weekly communications with that consignor to make sure that the book was sent in after payment was made?  CC didn't even know the consignor hadn't sent in the book until my 1st inquiry 5 weeks after they got my $4500.  And the total lack of communication on their part for the next three weeks  that I had to endure - was not mentioned in their apology at all. 

I will leave it up to Your interpretation on whether or not you would be a happy camper if you received this apology note while still not knowing if you were gonna get a $4550 check or not... 

CC.jpg

Frankly deadbeat consignors make these sites look very bad, and sometimes I'm not sure why they'd want to be in this business.

On Pedigree, I've placed outright buy orders on books only to get no response & upon inquiring told "we haven't heard from that consignor in years"

On MCS, seeing the overpricing nonsense is enough to make a first-time visitor not come back.  Stuff they price themselves on the other hand is usually quite reasonable.

Metro/CC pretends that stuff in their own stock is "consigned".

I'd say CL is the best, but it has its shortcomings too.  Some of the photos I've seen for instance are really quite poor.

Much better policing of and responsibility for listings, consignors and consignors' pricing is needed across the board.

43 minutes ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

Update 6/8:

Checked the mail last night and to my surprise, there was the refund check with $50 extra as I  requested.  $4600 total

I'm just glad I got my money back and this fiasco is over with!

Currently, I definitely wont be buying anything from their marketplace until they fix their flawed system as well as their accounting system for open ordersThere have been some really good suggestions/ideas presented on this thread from members that CC should definitely look into.

To me, it just seems as if CC is still stuck in phone > e-mail mode.  But as someone else mentioned, - it's the digital age now.  E-mail is a perfectly acceptable form of communication, and one that I prefer over talking over the phone for multiple reasons.

CC did send an "apology" letter with an order I received 4 days ago, but that apology just made me more furious, - so I did not want to talk about it until I received the check in the mail.

In their "apology", - they only place fault on the consignor not being able to uphold their part of the deal.  Where is the apology for their failure to keep weekly communications with that consignor to make sure that the book was sent in after payment was made?  CC didn't even know the consignor hadn't sent in the book until my 1st inquiry 5 weeks after they got my $4500.  And the total lack of communication on their part for the next three weeks  that I had to endure - was not mentioned in their apology at all. 

I will leave it up to Your interpretation on whether or not you would be a happy camper if you received this apology note while still not knowing if you were gonna get a $4550 check or not... 

CC.jpg

Look, somebody screwed CC. That’s the real villain here. 

I’m still not Vincent

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

19 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Look, somebody screwed CC. That’s the real villain here. 

I’m still not Vincent

Don't put your business in a place where a non-employee can screw you.  I can possibly understand a one man operation to have a business plan that depends on outsiders following thru, but when a company constantly asserts its the number one comic dealer in the world, I hold them to a higher standard. It's a shame they don't.

I'm starting to believe this general kind of thing is happening across this hobby.  Yesterday, I ordered a book from the inventory of a site that's been thought well of here.  Today, I received an email telling me they couldn't ship the book because they couldn't find it and thought it might have been stolen at a trade show.  My money was refunded.  Seems like a job for Inventory Control System Man!

11 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

I'm starting to believe this general kind of thing is happening across this hobby.  Yesterday, I ordered a book from the inventory of a site that's been thought well of here.  Today, I received an email telling me they couldn't ship the book because they couldn't find it

Maybe we should be calling them 'Bitcomics' or 'Cryptocomics', in that they don't really exist - but are just created to distort market value......hm

On 6/4/2021 at 6:48 PM, Randall Ries said:

Yes sir. But we all have different experiences, right? Why would you compare his to yours? Is it he got exasperated and you didn't? Or you haven't been Graysoned around by Metro and he has?

Yep. Your guess. That's all it is.

Again this is an apples/oranges comparison. Maybe you don't mind waiting two months after tossing $4200 with no communication then finding out they haven't bothered to contact the consignor or follow up on the lack of a consignor's response and they will "look into it", then don't. This guy does. I would. As I mentioned, two weeks is my line. I got the same response he did. "Oh. We'll look into this." Nah. Don't bother. The consignor has changed his mind or sold it for much more money and is a Richard for not pulling his submission from the CC website. My recourse now is to make someone run up and down the stairs or elevator verifying my choices with in stock books as I take store credit out of their cabooses. That'll teach you not to follow up.

The consignor - in this case - WAS the seller. So - you know - you never would have dealt with him at all. Being a consignor takes all contact with potential buyers, balls it up and tosses it into a hamper. The guys/gals at CC/Metro get to deal with us instead. YOU would be dealing with some hapless flunky on the phone or email forced into making excuses for a deadbeat seller. Who you never would have dealt with. But then again, you would have handled it differently.

I am confused because both your names are Randall that are quoting each other.  :ohnoez:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Except for the really slow shipping, I've never had any problems before with ComicConnect. But of course, I'm now running into a lack of communication from them like the OP. Latest shipment had a book with a defect not mentioned in the listing, and my email from over 2 weeks ago has gone unanswered.

I've been both a consignor and buyer from CC/Metro for the past 15 years now, never had any problems.  Sorry to hear a few are having problems with their customer service, I hope it gets resolved soon. Glad to read that the OP got his money back after all the debacle. Really not a good look for CC/Metro to be unresponsive to the customer's concerns.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the newer personnel working there..  

I have an idea I use that's so crazy that it works.

I have no idea how the OP or the people who have ordered product from Metro/CC placed the order, but I have always used the telephone and not the "Click 'N Pay" method. Yeah! Just pull the ol' Lily Tomlin. One ringy-dingy. Two ringy-dingy.

I get a salesperson on the line and place my order. I ask "Is this a consignment or do you have the book?" Once confident they have the book after I ask them to put their hands on it, I place the order. "When will I receive the book?" I ask. I usually get the book in a week to 10 days.

I don't receive emails somewhat infrequently. Sometimes I send emails that never arrive or they go into a spam folder. Sometimes I receive emails that go into a spam folder. When I let my fingers do the walking, I speak with a sales rep on the phone, get their name, write it down, order the book I am interested in and mainly have refused consigned books. OR if a consigned book, I wait for them to contact the consignor and give a few days, call back and ask if they have heard from them. If yes, I pay for the book if the consignor sent the book. If no, then I choose another book or say "Thanks but no thanks" and move on. Only did that once and when the sales rep said "No, they haven't replied to our email or text message", I scrap the potential order.

So, I don't know. I have decent luck when I use the phone and follow up. It takes more time to do it that way but the results are better. For example, I have placed bids on books on their websites and have never heard a word back. Never actually had an offer accepted that way. I HAVE CALLED using a telephone and had the offers refused. Good. Now I know.

If you haven't, try using a telephone to place an order and remember if it's consigned, you may have to do some of the leg work yourself. Remember you HAVE A SALES REP and work with them. Don't just sit there for 6-8 weeks then have a tantrum when the book doesn't show up and you call and the order is lost in space. You can say all you like "Well, I shouldn't HAVE to." Well? Apparently you do and what you THINK you should or shouldn't have to do is irrelevant that is the fact of the matter because you don't have your order.  

Consigned books are a wild card. We just don't know whether or not they will be able to fill the order.

I will not buy raw either and its simply because 1 picture of the front cover is not enough to convince me that the book is really the grade its called out to be. Descriptions are also lacking. I was just looking at an Amazing Spider-man #23 that claims its VF- yet you only see the front cover and the description says OW pages. I wouldn't purchase a raw book off ebay or anywhere with suck a lack of information.