• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having MAJOR ISSUES WITH COMICCONNECT?
4 4

155 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I'm posting this to see if anyone else has experienced horrible customer service/ lack of communication when buying on ComicConnect.

I bought a Fantastic Four #45 CGC 9.2 for $4200 on April 1st.  I sent the a check a few days later as the funds were withdrawn from my account shortly after.

I waited until May 12th (Over a month later) - seeing as I know auction houses are really backed up due to pandemic circumstances.  They replied back to me in an e-mail stating, "

I've messaged the shipping department. If you do not hear from us, the order will be bumped ahead and we should be shipping today.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay.  Best,
ComicConnect Support Team".

Fast forward to May 19th.  No replies back from ComicConnect yet.  So I sent them another e-mail asking what the "spoon" is going on with this order?

Fast forward to May 28th.  I finally receive an email back from them, stating, "We are very sorry about the delay for your invoice #155111. We have been in contact with the consignor of the Fantastic Four #45 and they let me know that they have been checking their locations for the book and will check one last spot over this weekend, we will have an answer for you by Tuesday on the status of the book."

Sorry for the long post, but I figured people who read this would want to see where I'm coming from/my mindset/frustration with this HORRIBLE COMPANY.

54 minutes ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

Hello All,

I'm posting this to see if anyone else has experienced horrible customer service/ lack of communication when buying on ComicConnect.

I bought a Fantastic Four #45 CGC 9.2 for $4200 on April 1st.  I sent the a check a few days later as the funds were withdrawn from my account shortly after.

I waited until May 12th (Over a month later) - seeing as I know auction houses are really backed up due to pandemic circumstances.  They replied back to me in an e-mail stating, "

I've messaged the shipping department. If you do not hear from us, the order will be bumped ahead and we should be shipping today.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay.  Best,

Fast forward to May 19th.  No replies back from ComicConnect yet.  So I sent them another e-mail asking what the "spoon" is going on with this order?

Fast forward to May 28th.  I finally receive an email back from them, stating, "We are very sorry about the delay for your invoice #155111. We have been in contact with the consignor of the Fantastic Four #45 and they let me know that they have been checking their locations for the book and will check one last spot over this weekend, we will have an answer for you by Tuesday on the status of the book."

Sorry for the long post, but I figured people who read this would want to see where I'm coming from/my mindset/frustration with this HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Steve,

On behalf of ComicConnect, I want to say how sorry we are about the delay in this order. Because we deal in books on consignment sometimes there is a delay from ordering to shipping, in the case of this book the consignor was away when the purchase was made and upon his return was unable to locate it, he's been searching for it since and feels terribly that it hasn't turned up. He has one more place he thinks it could be and is also concerned that it may have been stolen. I'm including a picture of the book here just on the off chance that it shows up someplace else.

Be assured that we are doing our best to rectify the situation, and if the book does not turn up you will be refunded in full.

Thank you,

Micah from ComicConnect

fan1.19175a.jpg

1 hour ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

Hello All,

Funny I had a similar experience a 1-2 months ago at Comic Connect. It was also FF 45 but at cgc 7.5.

I negotiated a final price via offer / counter offer procedure.

I paid.

3-4 weeks after I asked why the book still hadnt shipped.

They responded that it would ship tomorrow.

The next day I was informed “that the seller had misplaced the book” and it was unfortunately not available.

They returned my money via paypal. Getting the cash in my account though cost me around 35$ in paypal conversion fees. Which I had to pay!!!

9 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Letting people sell on your  site without requiring the books be on hand is dumb. 

This thread proves that you're right.  Look who is getting the "blame" for the unacceptable delay in shipping out books bought and paid for.  This is more an "instant gratification" world than it's ever been before and people have become used to same-day or next-day shipping on almost everything.

On the other hand, I can't imagine the infrastructure required to house and track what could be thousands (or 10s of thousands!) of consigned books, which would include the liability of storing those books in proper conditions for what I believe can be long periods of time until they sell.  The "commission" on that might be equally unacceptable to the delays.

It's a tough problem.

Me... i had a major issue last year and will never buy from them again:

I won a video game in an auction this was the first time CC made a videogame auction so they didn't get to much attention so I got lucky and i got the game very cheap. They where not happy and they tried to charge me $200 to ship the game to Mexico. At the end the charged $150 . I purchased many games from other auction houses , reece comics , ebay sellers and the max i paid was $80 ... 

Edited by Mijael.Levy

29 minutes ago, MattTheDuck said:

This sounds more like an "unscrupulous or horribly disorganized seller" problem than a Comic Connect one, although their communication system could use some work.  Hopefully, these two books are not from the same seller, but the stories sure sound similar.  Comic Connect would be well served by declining any further consignment business from the consignor(s) of these books.

That's pretty frustrating.

We do stop taking consignments from sellers who repeatedly don't have the books they sell. Unfortunately it's impossible to keep everything in house, from a storage perspective. 

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

It's a problem every other auction house has somehow managed to overcome.

The books in auctions are required to be sent it, because we know they will sell on a specific date. It's the fixed price marketplace where we allow sellers to consign without sending the books.as they could sit there for a while.

59 minutes ago, Micah S. said:

The books in auctions are required to be sent it, because we know they will sell on a specific date. It's the fixed price marketplace where we allow sellers to consign without sending the books.as they could sit there for a while.

So, from by what you are saying is, that if I "say" I have a book I want to sell on your marketplace, then You don't require the books to be sent in?

OK.  I have an X-Men #1 in CGC 8.5 grade.  I'll consign on your site for a very attractive price of $25k.  After a buyer purchases the book that "I say I have in hand", you will tell the buyer that they are legally obligated to make payment in a timely matter.  So then that buyer sends a check for $25k.  ComicCONnect then processes the check, and takes $25k away from the buyer's funds then "notifies" the seller to ship the book?

ComicCONnect has had $4500 of MY MONEY for almost 2 months now and didn't even bother to communicate with the seller in 2 MONTHS?  WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS/CLOWNSHOW ARE YOU GUYS RUNNING OVER THERE?

Edited by Darkseid of the Moon
spelling

yes I have had numerous issues with Comicconnect / Metropolis. You can see them in other threads.

Regarding the situation this post is referring to and my opinion on consignment business: You list it for sale once you have the book.

I also forgot to mention that this exact same situation happened with ComicCONnect and 2 other books that I previously bought and paid for:

It happened with a Strange Tales #135 CGC 9.2 I paid $1000 for.  EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED (Seller could not locate book.)

I also paid for an X-Men CBCS 9.4 $425 2nd week of May, and ComicCONnect is now saying they haven't heard back from this seller either.

So it's not like this is an isolated incident.

ComicCONnect has proven time and time again that they need to get their "SPOON" together!  What a bunch of CLOWNS.