• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea
4 4

349 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
7 hours ago, 500Club said:

So, a company that limited its distribution, and limited customer purchases is going out of business? hm

It is almost certainly their latest marketing push.

I’ve got some suspicion of that as well.   Their business model certainly deserves a bad outcome, though, IMHO.

13 hours ago, 500Club said:

I’ve got some suspicion of that as well.   Their business model certainly deserves a bad outcome, though, IMHO.

The CEO went on a podcast like a month ago and said they planned to go away, and come back with a new name. Not sure why anyone thinks this isn’t a marketing gimmick at this point… they literally told you it was going to be.

20 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It is almost certainly their latest marketing push.

If this is a fake "going out of business" push in order to sell more copy, then they deserve to have it immediately followed by actually going out of business. Their sales model was ... weird enough that I assume they're actually closing up shop. If not, well, no one should give money to a company that would mislead its customer base that aggressively, surely.

EDIT:

1 minute ago, wiparker824 said:

The CEO went on a podcast like a month ago and said they planned to go away, and come back with a new name. Not sure why anyone thinks this isn’t a marketing gimmick at this point… they literally told you it was going to be.

Ugh. So. Yeah.

Edited by Qalyar

13 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

If this is a fake "going out of business" push in order to sell more copy, then they deserve to have it immediately followed by actually going out of business. Their sales model was ... weird enough that I assume they're actually closing up shop. If not, well, no one should give money to a company that would mislead its customer base that aggressively, surely.

EDIT:

Ugh. So. Yeah.

Yep, for those interested this is the pod around the 29:30 mark is when he details the plan to go away and come back rebranded