• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Danielle/NerdyGirlComics/Filter81 Scamming People with Market Manipulation?
6 6

139 posts in this topic

Hi fellow comic book collectors,

I hope you guys are safe and sound.

I am a total newbie in the comic book industry and I don't know about the in and outs. I don't post here as I have recently discovered this community. I am still learning and I think this community is for the big guys. But recently I observed something very very strange and I think I needed to alert the comic book community of this injustice. I was checking some sold prices and came across something absolutely astounding. It's involving this seller Filter81, google search says her name is Danielle aka Nerdy Girl Comics.

image.thumb.png.e6c6c6efe98401b737ab0a0334bd88e5.png

This price seemed very high and strange. I don't know a lot about comic book prices but this seemed insane and more insane then the prices these days for main key issues....

I logged on to GPA analysis, an 8.5 (highest graded copy) sold for $1320 at Heritage in their Signature Auction (June 19 2021) only 6 days after the Danielle Sale (June 13 2021)

Here's data of the top 2 bidders

as of July 31s 2021 when I started investigating this

Winning Bidder, 0 bids with seller, 2 bids in VHS tapes.....(VHS tapes really? a little weird)

IMG_20210731_210903_01.jpg.1e7ae7668a4a9c4e2b9d279b0d1f4763.jpg

Underbidder, 2 other bids in the last 30 days, 100% bid activity, on video games basically the only thing Nerdy Girl was selling at the time on auction...(very sketchy). 

1564144406_IMG_20210731_210906_01(1).jpg.02b345d5d349cc7fe3a5a58196fccefd.jpg

Consider the following:

The largest comic book auction house i.e. HERITAGE got less than 1/3 of her book that's half a point lower and NOT the highest graded copy in the signature auction that has a print color catalog. Sometimes there is some spread on auction prices but not by multiples...

Heritage screwed up by a multiplier AND both of those bids were legitimate....?

OR

Danielle shill bid the book like crazy to manipulate the market given all the evidence presented (My opinion)

There's a LOT of coincidences for her to be given the benefit of the doubt, and I look forward to seeing what you all think and what we can do about this. 

And in the end please guide me if its a common thing as I am new and still learning and protecting myself from scams. 

Hope you all will understand, 
Thankyou :)
Edited by Mj Ahmed

You "just" entered the hobby and stumbled on this? Just seems strange, I have spent a ton of money with @Filter81 here and on ebay and always felt everything was above board. 

Anyone know if CGC notates restoration on the new custom labels?

Edited by PKJ

On 8/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, G G ® ™ said:

I know who this poster is. It's quite obvious dontcha' think?

Seemed a bit "shilly" in here.

Couldnt buy a book for the price he wanted-starts thread bashing the seller.  Another mature move from the master of maturity.