• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seattle comics

23 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2021 at 9:49 PM, whetteon said:

Just swung by the comic store in Seattle WA to pick up some quickies! Nice place. But they never heard of the website, lyriacomicexchange.com :pullhair:

B7AD7D9B-DD6C-47FA-B010-B93920E8CD3C.jpeg

:gossip: Wrong coast, different spelling.

Edited by GACollectibles

On 8/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, Pontoon said:

Say Andrew, have you ever heard of Golden Age Collectibles in Seattle? :whistle:

No, but I have heard of Golden Age Collectables in Seattle, I have the cease and desist to prove it!

On 8/5/2021 at 6:25 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

Growing up in Seattle, this was my favorite store. Not the same these days, far more collectibles, far fewer comics, but great memories.

Including one of my best friend buying TMNT #1 off the rack and accidentally leaving it on the monorail. 

Dang! 😭

On 8/6/2021 at 8:43 AM, waaaghboss said:

This is the one in Pikes Market?  I made a stop there a few years ago for work and didn't have a great experience.  

Same. I thought it was just kind of, meh. 

I don't go there, there are other stores that sell vintage comic books around Seattle.

My two shops are Grumpy old man comics, last week picked up a Tomb of dracula 1

And Ancient comics where in the last month I picked up a Marvel spotlight 5, 6 and Adventures into the unknown 2 👍

Edited by southern cross

This is the one at Pike's Place.  They sold me a Spidey 90 something with married cover and everything was overpriced already 15 years ago.  Nice place to go for tourists, not really for collectors.  Story has it that back in the day the owner of that place saw the potential of AF15 and ASM 1 and would offer $1 for each back in the late 60s early 70s.  He had a stack of each a couple of feet high on his counter and cashed in at some point.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:32 PM, southern cross said:

I don't go there, there are other stores that sell vintage comic books around Seattle.

And Ancient comics where in the last month I picked up a Marvel spotlight 5, 6 and Adventures into the unknown 2 👍

Love ancient city comics.  Best 25 cent boxes in the country.  

On 8/7/2021 at 10:32 PM, southern cross said:

How do you find GOM's grading? 

On 8/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, MattTheDuck said:

How do you find GOM's grading? 

They don't write the grade on the label. Just put a price on it.

So I look at the book and grade it myself then look at the price.

If the price is right I buy.

In the past I've bought marvel picture frame run books that were priced as vf and they turned out after grading and no press as 9.2-9.4s

But I had to cherry pick thru the books.