• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Robin Comes Out
2 2

186 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2021 at 8:35 PM, kav said:

I never mentioned anything about laughing.  Pls try to pay attention if you want to fire zingers.

You are absolutely correct. You said entertaining and fun to read. My using laugh was my attempt to simplify. I'm so sorry. I was so incredibly far off base. I feel ashamed now. 

On 8/10/2021 at 9:37 PM, Wolverinex said:

Hush,  Kang is even more forward thinking and identifes as demisexual. 

Notice how he went unmentioned for over a hour tonight?

On 8/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, Mutie Fan said:

You are absolutely correct. You said entertaining and fun to read. My using laugh was my attempt to simplify. I'm so sorry. I was so incredibly far off base. I feel ashamed now. 

Again, pls try to pay attention if you want to fire zingers.  I never said fun to read.  

Edited by kav

On 8/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, Qalyar said:

I really like JMS as a writer but man this story (and the Goblin Babies one) are tough to love.

dzombi said:

JMS has said he hated writing this and only did so under editorial edict. I got the impression Quesada pretty much wrote the whole thing, and JMS just provided dialog. He then quit. 

Off topic, but on post: JMS wanted Peter to be the father of Gwen's children but Marvel didn't want the 'character growth' so they had the deceased character 'grow' by bedding Norman!  You 'grow', Goblin! :wink: 

Edited by Coverless 9.8
Correction

On 8/10/2021 at 10:48 PM, Coverless 9.8 said:

dzombi said:

JMS has said he hated writing this and only did so under editorial edict. I got the impression Quesada pretty much wrote the whole thing, and JMS just provided dialog. He then quit. 

Off topic, but on post: JMS wanted Peter to be the father of Gwen's children but Marvel didn't want the 'character growth' so they had the deceased character 'grow' by bedding Norman!  You 'grow', Goblin! :wink: 

I'm not sure that wouldn't still have been a trainwreck. But somewhat back on topic, having a major, active superhero learn that a past relationship resulted in him fathering unexpected children would (potentially) be a nuanced storyline that addresses real-world issues of sexuality, paternity, parenthood, and even the idea of what it means to be a "family". That's surprisingly on-point for some of Spiderman's better arcs, not that I have much faith we would have ever gotten anything like that.

Instead we got Goblin Babies, raising some serious consent questions (among other issues). And the Green Goblin O-face panel, which no one needed, ever Yeesh.

That's sort of a parallel to what goes wrong with 90% of the non-heterosexual characters in comics. Sexuality is a serious topic; that doesn't mean it's unsuited to the comic medium, but it certainly is unsuited to industry executives who seem more willing to play coming-out stories as the Previews capsule teaser of the month than as a mature component of a well-written character.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, Qalyar said:

And the Green Goblin O-face panel,

I need to see this!

On 8/11/2021 at 12:16 AM, Qalyar said:

That's sort of a parallel to what goes wrong with 90% of the non-heterosexual characters in comics. Sexuality is a serious topic; that doesn't mean it's unsuited to the comic medium, but it certainly is unsuited to industry executives who seem more willing to play coming-out stories as the Previews capsule teaser of the month than as a mature component of a well-written character.

Remember that they have a larger picture (Underoos) to consider!  (:

On 8/11/2021 at 12:05 AM, Mosh Or Die said:

There's more in Infinite Frontier with his gay son Obsidian.

It’s cool to know there’s more to it but I haven’t read anything from Infinite Frontier so I wouldn’t have known that. My overall point is since Robin (Tim Drake) is now bisexual, I just hope it’s done in a way where it appeals to those apart of the LGBTQ community and they have something that’s relatable and well written, all while being a good read for those who enjoy comic books. 

On 8/10/2021 at 9:34 PM, kav said:
On 8/10/2021 at 9:34 PM, lizards2 said:

Racist.

dang

I allegedly made three little crackers myself, and it was very entertaining. :foryou: