• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I get my xmen issue 1 graded and if so What grade would u think it'll be

16 posts in this topic

Looks like a 8.5-9.0? maybe? 

there's a "Spare a Grade" subforum where you can ask people what grade they think you'll get.

No one knows your personal criteria for if you should get something graded or not.  If you were more specific with your preferences, goals, or criteria, someone could probably give a better answer.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:40 AM, ReyReyDaCollector said:

Top right corner isn't stain just the plastic cover from sticker 

for the PGM forum, try to take pics with the comic out of the bag. If you have a scanner, that's even better for front/back cover

I would absolutely not get this graded unless you wanted it for display purposes.  It's a very common issue, and those color-breaking spine creases make it really not worth it at all.  The cost of grading would be more than the book is even worth.  
Like I said, though, if you wanted to get it slabbed because you like the look of a slab and want to display it, then by all means have at it.  

On 8/31/2021 at 2:34 PM, Sky1 said:

Anyone else expected to see X-Men #1 from the 60's in like 2.0 condition but got this instead? lol

If turnaround times were faster I would say go nuts, but currently it takes CGC 2 months & up to just open what you sent to them.

No.  Given the influx of new collectors, I fully expected a copy of X-Men volume 2 #1 and was not disappointed.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:34 PM, Sky1 said:

Anyone else expected to see X-Men #1 from the 60's in like 2.0 condition but got this instead? lol

If turnaround times were faster I would say go nuts, but currently it takes CGC 2 months & up to just open what you sent to them.

YUP