• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, COI said:

Is this a trick question? 

I'm not going to ascribe motives to ascribing motives. :makepoint:

I mean I was just curious-if the people you are disagreeing with are way off base, they have to have some motive for making their statements-I was just wondering what you might think they would be.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, jimjum12 said:

... because they want to celebrate over thinking ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

But why pick this particular topic to overthink?

Karl Jobst who created this video is not a journalist - this is not reporting.  He is a social media influencer that is represented by an agency that handles media influencers.  Here is his profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karl-jobst-5991a111b/

I just think we need to take with a grain of salt what is actual journalism held to standards such as verifying sources and interviewing credible people as opposed to someone that is a youtube influencer looking for subscribers, engagement and ad revenue that has zero experience in journalism.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:09 PM, COI said:

My whole point here is the video has flaws and I'm pointing some of them out because the conversation around the quality of the piece was very one-sided. I'm not strongly disagreeing with anyone directly, I'm just surprised people find the video as compelling/convincing as they do.

And generally, ascribing motives to people isn't a good way to refute the points being made.

Not  trying to be confrontational I'm just a curious guy about how people think.  Where money is concerned the motive is always money.  If someone is doing something using their status in order to make a lot of money, that seems to be a de facto motive.  And I'm not saying making money is bad.  Some ways of making money are bad but I'm not getting into that.  

On 8/25/2021 at 11:04 PM, Domo Arigato said:

From the current Comic Connect video game auction.

Current.jpg.1d4b9d48dd2b7416a7eeab7e1af9c390.jpg

Rumor is....the high bidders user ID is 69JHalperin420.

THAT DOES IT  ! ! !

Second highest bidder is PAWNSTARstar.

Case closed. 

On 8/25/2021 at 2:57 PM, Bronty said:

The dude made a factual error in the first ten seconds of the video.   The level of investigative detail is close to zero.

But, you know, some people like to wear tinfoil hats.    

Are you making fun of me and my cat?

tinfoilhat.jpg

On 8/25/2021 at 11:58 PM, jaybuck43 said:

So you have a guy who's known to commit fraud, who's own industry looked down on him, who owns interest in grading companies and the auction companies that sell said graded assets, who then enters a new field that MAGICALLY explodes RIGHT at the time he enters it.

My only comment would be that a whole bunch of things are exploding right now.

Nothing about the last year and a half in collectibles makes any kind of sense. My thinking that this video isn't the smoking gun everyone thinks it is doesn't mean that I'm not skeptical of all of these record prices, and I'm open to evidence that goes beyond circumstantial. Obviously, something unusual is going on and I think, for the most part, the collectors have left the building at the higher end.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:13 PM, COI said:

My only comment would be that a whole bunch of things are exploding right now.

Nothing about the last year and a half in collectibles makes any kind of sense. My thinking that this video isn't the smoking gun everyone thinks it is doesn't mean that I'm not skeptical of all of these record prices, and I'm open to evidence that goes beyond circumstantial. Obviously, something unusual is going on and I think, for the most part, the collectors have left the building at the higher end.

I admit to not knowing enough to make any kind of determination.  It's too complex for my puny brain.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:58 PM, jaybuck43 said:

2) Before Halperin got involved in the video game industry in 2019, no single game had ever crossed the 6 figure barrier.  Heck, even many bulk sales were troll bid and never paid for.  I don't believe Thompson ever saw a penny of the $750,000 his gigantic collection "sold" for.  

3) After Halperin gets involved games start routinely breaking the 6 figures mark.  Shockingly, almost all of those major sales happen at one place, Heritage (owned by Jim Halperin) To my knowledge CC has not broken the 6 figure mark, but please correct me if I am wrong, I may have missed a sale.  The only other record sale is Rally's $2 million SMB BUT that's a private sale and I have my own suspicions about what happened there.

If only we could think of some other examples and other places where prices have gone crazy for collectibles during the last year or so........

Perhaps we could then think of another reason for it.........

Nope.

I'm drawing a blank.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 8/26/2021 at 12:45 AM, Domo Arigato said:

If only we could think of some other examples and other places where prices have gone crazy for collectibles during the the last year or so........

Perhaps we could then think of another reason for it.........

Nope.

I'm drawing a blank.

How have postage stamps been doing?