• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2021 at 3:05 PM, valiantman said:

I get no thrill from owning company stocks either.  
But, if I owned a small fraction of Action Comics #1, 
I'd smile when I walked past the poster in my game room.
I'd smile when I saw a news article with Action #1.
Ultimately, isn't life itself really just a tally of smiles vs. frowns? :kidaround:

If you want to own a fraction of action-this is the way to go!

Screenshot 2021-08-25 3.31.08 PM.png

To put the WATA mess in comic terms, this would be like two of the owners of CGC buying a collection, having it generously graded, giving it pedigree status, promoting it through proxies, then selling it at auction and having another CGC employee "buy" it at record prices. Then using that as evidence of a booming market, sending out press releases and doing interviews without disclosing that they were hyping their own books. They sell the comics again for even higher prices and ride out the avalanche of business created by the hype, that they created. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:41 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

To put the WATA mess in comic terms, this would be like two of the owners of CGC buying a collection, having it generously graded, giving it pedigree status, promoting it through proxies, then selling it at auction and having another CGC employee "buy" it at record prices. Then using that as evidence of a booming market, sending out press releases and doing interviews without disclosing that they were hyping their own books. They sell the comics again for even higher prices and ride out the avalanche of business created by the hype, that they created. 

Meyer apparently stated he resigned in January from his position from the above tweet screenshot, perhaps in a desperate attempt to make what he did seem less of an issue. But in actual fact, he sold 355 games at Heritage between Nov 2019 through to Nov 2020.

30 other games sold after Feb 2021, through to July 2021.

So out of the 385 listings (not sure if any are relists of the same games listed over 3 years), he sold the majority of the games while he held the position of Director.

Regardless, these all would have needed to have been graded prior to them appearing for sale, so that would place them being graded while he was still with WATA.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, comicwiz said:

Meyer apparently stated he resigned in January from his position from the above tweet screenshot, perhaps in a desperate attempt to make what he did seem less of an issue. But in actual fact, he sold 355 games at Heritage between Nov 2019 through to Nov 2020.

30 other games sold after Feb 2021, through to July 2021.

So out of the 385 listings (not sure if any are relists of the same games listed over 3 years), he sold the majority of the games while he held the position of Director.

Regardless, these all would have needed to have been graded prior to them appearing for sale, so that would place them being graded while he was still with WATA.

I left out the part where the collection was sold by a Director of WATA to another Director.  

On 8/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This attempt to discredit the video (which you didn’t even watch) makes you sound like an invested apologist....:sorry:

Agreed. It's hard to take any of the boardies seriously that says they only watch a short segment of it and then proceeds to immediately discredit it.  

On 8/25/2021 at 7:30 PM, MasterChief said:

Maybe that's exactly what needs to happen. They say the discovery phase is a hell of a thing.

Tin foil hat conspiracy theorists for years accused Bill Mastro of shilling his own Mastro Auctions and selling altered and restored baseball cards without disclosure. To anyone who would listen, he vehemently denied all of it, every single time. Many of his supporters and customers believed him and in his company. Yet the Feds got involved and Mastro was convicted of the very same thing he was denying, including admitting under oath that he himself trimmed the Gretzky Honus Wagner card to increase its value and prevent it from looking like it had aged.

At this point, perhaps what we need are new conspiracy theories because all the old conspiracy theories have come true. lol

Yes it's always easy to dismiss something as conspiracy theory when in reality it turns out to be the actual truth.

You guys can keep making all the excuses you want........but this is exactly like CGC shooting the Dentist and stealing all of his books.  Then giving them all CGC 11.0 grades......putting them up for auction.....and then buying them all back at super inflated prices.  Then taking those books to a convention and forcing people at knife point to buy them all at double the current prices.  And then kicking some puppies...........and I don't mean like 2 or 3 puppies........I'm talking like 9 puppies.

Oh.....and prostitutes.  Having a bunch of sex on piles of money with prostitutes to celebrate.

It's exactly like that. 

(Yes, I may be exaggerating a bit on the puppies, since they may not be able to find 9 before their puppy kicking desires wane.....but the rest is spot on.)

On 8/25/2021 at 6:05 PM, valiantman said:

I get no thrill from owning company stocks either.  
But, if I owned a small fraction of Action Comics #1, 
I'd smile when I walked past the poster in my game room.
I'd smile when I saw a news article with Action #1.
Ultimately, isn't life itself really just a tally of smiles vs. frowns? :kidaround:

I wouldn't dream of telling you not to feel that way.  I'm just telling you that a lot of people wouldn't feel that way, including me.

I get a tremendous number of smiles out of this hobby -- I would want to own the books I own regardless of whether I (or more likely my heirs) could make money on them as investments.  So you can imagine how much I'm enjoying the books knowing that they keep appreciating in value and make up a legitimately significant portion of my overall investment portfolio.  But the whole point of collecting is to actually collect ... I don't think a reasonable person would call what RallyD is offering as a chance to collect, merely a chance to speculate in its purest form.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:16 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

I left out the part where the collection was sold by a Director of WATA to another Director.  

zzz

On 8/25/2021 at 3:59 PM, Bronty said:

Dain was GOING to be involved with wata as the IT head.   He LOST INTEREST in games, and didn't want to move to Colorado with his family in the end, and therefore, to my knowledge, never did sweet diddly bupkis with wata except be listed as a director prior to his very-close-to-immediate exit.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:44 PM, jaybuck43 said:

So where were these buyers? 

The same place as all the other buyers that have been setting records in cards, comics, coins, etc, etc, etc all over the world in numerous auctions conducted by various auction houses? (shrug)