• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll to remove a forum member from the Hall of Shame list in future updates
4 4

Should TFL be removed from the Hall of Shame List in future updates?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Should TFL be removed from the Hall of Shame List in future updates?

• Yes, there is no need for him to remain active on the list after he has passed away.
    • No, once someone goes on the list, they should remain there in all future updates.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2022 at 09:10 AM

56 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, Randall Ries said:

Duh. He died. It has been said that all of our sins are erased at the time of death. TFL no longer exists. So, what would be the point of keeping him on a probation list? Just for a good ol' salt rub? No brainer. Let it go. In fact, the whole thread about his infractions should be deleted. Let him RIP. It's over and he's been forgiven.

I agree with your sentiment and appreciate the response.  At the very least, just removing him from any future updates to the list would be a positive.

Some people don't want to have the history of the boards altered, and it likely isn't feasible anyway.

The original nomination was made and discussed in the "Probation Discussions" thread, which has over 36,000 posts in it, most of which don't pertain to this matter.  So, the thread itself can't be deleted.  And members lose the ability to edit or delete old posts after a certain amount of time has passed. 

Also, the "Probation List" thread itself is updated periodically with new posts to update the current list.....so there are likely dozens, if not hundreds, of old posts with copies of the list that were made after the nomination was in 2009.  

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/4/2021 at 8:04 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I agree with your sentiment and appreciate the response.  At the very least, just removing him from any future updates to the list would be a positive.

Some people don't want to have the history of the boards altered, and it likely isn't feasible anyway.

The original nomination was made and discussed in the "Probation Discussions" thread, which has over 36,000 posts in it, most of which don't pertain to this matter.  So, the thread itself can't be deleted.  And members lose the ability to edit or delete old posts after a certain amount of time has passed. 

Also, the "Probation List" thread itself is updated periodically with new posts to update the current list.....so there are likely dozens, if not hundreds, of old posts with copies of the list that were made after the nomination was in 2009.  

Well, perhaps a notation or addendum could be added. I'm sure admin have the ability to make alterations. Or appeal to CGC. Someone can do something. Death trumps everything.

History should be saved, the list itself is a ongoing, dynamic list and the deceased should be automatically removed as they pose no threat to anyone.

Same could be said for the eBay list, if anyone knows a seller who has passed on.

As has been pointed out, Board history is out there (most of it, anyway) and I agree history should be preserved for posterity 

He could be removed from the active HOS list since he does not pose a threat.

However, I am not for sure that all of history needs to be scrubbed because someone dies. I doubt swarms of family and friends are seeing the old threads on a daily basis and being caused pain by them. A person’s history is one of their own making. 

I am not trying to be cold, but it doesn’t seem realistic or necessary to go back and delete or alter the past.

It's the worst way to get off the list, but I agree there's no reason for those no longer with us to be on there.  The story provides a good cautionary tale (as all the Probie/HOS stories do) but the list itself should only contain potentially active threats.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, Frisco Larson said:

If a board member on the HOS list passes away, they should be removed from the list as the FUNCTION of the list is to alert other boardies to the improper dealings of the listed boardie. Justice should be tempered with mercy. Let him rest in peace. My 2c

well put

:golfclap:

On 9/5/2021 at 11:37 AM, Frisco Larson said:

If a board member on the HOS list passes away, they should be removed from the list as the FUNCTION of the list is to alert other boardies to the improper dealings of the listed boardie. 

This is originally why I thought perhaps a new rule needed to be voted on and approved.  A rule like that would be appropriate for a situation like this, where I don't think anybody in here would doubt Jimmers word on the situation.

Where I thought problems might arise, is when Joe Blow comes in here with his three posts and says.....Hey, my "buddy" on the list is no longer with us and we should remove him.  So I thought perhaps it would be better to address them on an individual basis and give everyone a chance to evaluate and vote.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/6/2021 at 1:57 PM, Domo Arigato said:

This is originally why I thought perhaps a new rule needed to be voted on and approved.  A rule like that would be appropriate for a situation like this, where I don't think anybody in here would doubt Jimmers word on the situation.

Where I thought problems might arise, is when Joe Blow comes in here with his three posts and says.....Hey, my "buddy" on the list is no longer with us and we should remove him.  So I thought perhaps it would be better to address them on an individual basis and give everyone a chance to evaluate and vote.

The source definitely counts. Luckily here it's a slam-dunk case for reliability, but this will probably inspire some... less truthful attempts from less well known accounts. We'll have to be careful, but I don't believe a little inconvenience should stop us from removing a person from the list whose inclusion now no longer serves any purpose. 

On 9/6/2021 at 8:01 PM, skypinkblu said:

Didn't we go through this before? 

Has Filter been notified?

It was discussed briefly in an unrelated thread, but was never put to a vote.

Filter was tagged in the first post, but he's only posted six times in the last two years.

Edited by Domo Arigato