• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or are the boards a hot mess of 500 Errors?
5 5

267 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, Point Five said:

The boards were unusable last night. I couldn't even post a 1MB image... tried and tried and finally gave up. Ugh!

It's not worth getting annoyed about Point Five. Take a leaf out of my book and just relax.....

Spoiler

1504448480_DrWhoSmash.gif.49c1359f0cef599c7c5c1c31f8648d53.gif

It's ok CGC!
Everyone is doing the Site Crash :banana:

Not to be confused with the Monster Mash, which was a Graveyard Smash, this 10/4/2021 :insane: 

image.thumb.png.bf7f1437507019d6ef028e3fe79393a2.png

200.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The lights are on, but nobody's home...

The wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead...

Trying to park in a driveway and drive on a parkway...

A couple cans short of a six-pack...

A couple sandwiches short of a picnic...

Edited by Galen130

Well, I guess we must be pretty small potatoes here because when Facebook and all of its associated apps are down for a few hours, it's top of the hour headline news around the entire world and gets immediate attention.  Especially in comparison to this outage which has gone on for months on end in a haphazard fashion.  :frustrated: :censored:

On 9/30/2021 at 12:45 AM, comicdonna said:

An admin posted this:

I have a solid update on this from the technical team! A technical update to the CGC Chat Boards should be rolling out within a few weeks, and the hope is that this technical update will resolve or heavily reduce the frequency of these issues. We'll have to see how it goes, but that's the hope.  They seemed to stem from a complicated technical problem to overcome; hopefully this solves it.

Mike, every morning here in the UK around this time (11:00am) the boards buffer for between three and five minutes. There are no error messages - just buffering. All other websites are responsive during that time so it does seem to be a CGC site specific issue - possibly some routine daily process is running which the system can't cope with. I know there is a technical update planned to fix the 500 errors - could you flag this to the team too, please, just in case they are unaware of it and it requires its own specific remedial action? 

Any news on the update by the way? We rarely get told they are coming these days - is it something that may take the site down for a long period? We've had separate 12 and 24 hour outages this year - I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a sales thread if that is what will happen with the upgrade. 

And Mike, one other favour - could you ask the technical team whether CGC have blocked site content from Google searching, and whether that will stay if so?

If I search for my UK Price Variant research in Google it no longer shows (get your jokes in now):

Capture.thumb.PNG.8a511b23d2fe1ef49d88ecd4d131a4fb.PNG

I understand that Google bots were having a detrimental impact on site performance a while back, but this is a self defeating policy if so, as it stops new people coming here. 

Cheers, Steve

@comicdonna

On 10/7/2021 at 6:17 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Mike, every morning here in the UK around this time (11:00am) the boards buffer for between three and five minutes. There are no error messages - just buffering. All other websites are responsive during that time so it does seem to be a CGC site specific issue - possibly some routine daily process is running which the system can't cope with. I know there is a technical update planned to fix the 500 errors - could you flag this to the team too, please, just in case they are unaware of it and it requires its own specific remedial action? 

Any news on the update by the way? We rarely get told they are coming these days - is it something that may take the site down for a long period? We've had separate 12 and 24 hour outages this year - I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a sales thread if that is what will happen with the upgrade. 

Sorry, there is no info as to when this will occur and how it swill impact the boards.  I will mention the buffering time.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:36 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

And Mike, one other favour - could you ask the technical team whether CGC have blocked site content from Google searching, and whether that will stay if so?

If I search for my UK Price Variant research in Google it no longer shows (get your jokes in now):

Capture.thumb.PNG.8a511b23d2fe1ef49d88ecd4d131a4fb.PNG

I understand that Google bots were having a detrimental impact on site performance a while back, but this is a self defeating policy if so, as it stops new people coming here. 

Cheers, Steve

I will ask about the Google block.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:39 AM, comicdonna said:

Sorry, there is no info as to when this will occur and how it swill impact the boards.  I will mention the buffering time.

I will ask about the Google block.

Cheers. I don't mean to place it all on you, but there is currently no one else to ask :foryou:

On 10/7/2021 at 11:44 AM, comicdonna said:

No problem.  I don't mind asking.  

:headbang:

On 10/7/2021 at 3:53 PM, dena said:

Hello everyone,

Just a note to let you know that a technical update to the boards is coming and we are told it will resolve or heavily reduce the frequency of these errors being reported. We know this has been a source of great frustration for the community. We appreciate your patience as we've worked through these issues. I will post on this again once we nail down the exact day and time the update will run.