• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or are the boards a hot mess of 500 Errors?
5 5

267 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2021 at 6:47 PM, bc said:

Can't believe the same error is still going on this many months :facepalm:

Gives us IT folks a bad look. 

TO THE ADMINS : Feel free to post the firewall logs here. Plenty of us would do a quick filter & scan and assist in resolving this ongoing issue.

2c  My bet is that a web server DNS entry is dorked in one of the load balancers. That's why you can keep pressing the button and it eventually works - you get thrown to another load balancer that is properly configured. The misconfigured load balancer is probably the last one added, since this started relatively recently and only kicks in when there is sufficient load (hence the same time every day when the error appears).

Either way, that's a very common error. Shouldn't take months to remediate.

-bc

(worship)

1000% this ^

On 9/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, bc said:

Can't believe the same error is still going on this many months :facepalm:

Gives us IT folks a bad look. 

TO THE ADMINS : Feel free to post the firewall logs here. Plenty of us would do a quick filter & scan and assist in resolving this ongoing issue.

2c  My bet is that a web server DNS entry is dorked in one of the load balancers. That's why you can keep pressing the button and it eventually works - you get thrown to another load balancer that is properly configured. The misconfigured load balancer is probably the last one added, since this started relatively recently and only kicks in when there is sufficient load (hence the same time every day when the error appears).

Either way, that's a very common error. Shouldn't take months to remediate.

-bc

Just shows how much they care.....

On 9/23/2021 at 12:56 PM, Stronguy said:

It's worth noting, when the online order form launched several years ago it was also a mess.  I and one of the other boardies posted actual solutions (it was in the way them implemented the touch screen method) and I even went so far as to record a video of the problem.  The admin's response... (paraphrasing) "Our IT guys say there's no problem.  Stop posting!", then they locked the thread.  That's the strangest way to say thank you that I've ever heard.  Since then I've been like, "F'k y'all, you ungrateful bastiches!"

I've had a few of those type of thank yous Stronguy, so you're not alone :grin:

Oakman posted a few lines up "Just shows how much they care". That's an entirely reasonable thing to say isn't it - like everyone else, he's tried to post here for the last two months or more and, every day, give or take, has been hit with 500 errors. Those that have responsibility may be behind the scenes now, cursing me for this post. How dare he, doesn't he know the pressures we're facing! Doesn't he know what we are doing behind the scenes to fix this!

No. I don't. And nor does anybody else. Because no one can seem to spare the three minutes it would take to come on here and tell us :p

On 9/23/2021 at 8:23 PM, oakman29 said:

Every time I try to post anything it takes me three or four times to get it to post. Just very tiring, so I end up just turning it off. Which I'm sure some of you wouldn't mind me moving on anyway. 😑

BE769BF6-85E7-4311-A701-021325E55EC4.jpeg

On 9/24/2021 at 7:23 AM, oakman29 said:

Every time I try to post anything it takes me three or four times to get it to post. Just very tiring, so I end up just turning it off. Which I'm sure some of you wouldn't mind me moving on anyway. 😑

Same happened to me yesterday and the day before that. These errors are quite annoying tbh. Even the pictures were showing 500 errors.

Error error error, error error, error error error error error error error error error error error. Error error error error error error error error, error error error error error error error error error error error. Error, noeerrort toerror baerrord.