• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,147 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 12:09 PM, Bird said:

I put 7 Planet Comics on mcs two days ago, some with resto and some just not my thing (I decided against going for the run and just sticking with ones I find awesomely groovy).

Sold #47 lickety split. :headbang:

Is it the 3.5 restored?

On 2/16/2022 at 12:39 PM, mycomicshop said:

Regarding our processing times for raws and slabs--I don't think we're slow relative to anybody that provides a comparable service at our volume, but we do want to be faster. I'd like to get our times for slabs down to the range of 1-3 business days from receipt to ready to go. Raws will be longer than slabs since grading is slower than imaging. 10 business days might be a good goal for raws but that's not final. And certain classes of trickier books like Golden Age requiring more thorough examination will probably be in a separate track that moves a little slower.

I met with our management team earlier this week to discuss this. Previously hadn't pushed too much on this because we had some people out during December and early January due to COVID or other illness, but that's mostly behind us and we're ready to make progress. Internally we're working on developing better reporting so we have better understanding of how many items are at each step in our pipeline, where there are bottlenecks, individual productivity, etc. Then we'll build from that and decide if we need to add more workstations, hire more people, etc. My goal would be that we've made significant progress on this by the end of the summer, if not sooner.

Completely understand there is a lot of work in selling raw, that's why I sent them to you. ;) (and have sent others in the past.)

My 24 comics were received by MCS on 1/24. I knew grading -- as they are raw and GA -- would take some time, and that actually went quicker than I expected. It's this final step before selling (item setup: scanning and filing), that seems like it's dragging (started on 2/8).

Whatever MCS may lack in speed of setting up, they make up for it with the speed they process payments.  Considering the weather and covid, I think they are doing fine. Anything from before 1-28 has been processed and is available for purchase.   Thats 1-28-2022 for those of you who use CGC.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, manetteska said:
On 2/16/2022 at 12:09 PM, Bird said:

I put 7 Planet Comics on mcs two days ago, some with resto and some just not my thing (I decided against going for the run and just sticking with ones I find awesomely groovy).

Sold #47 lickety split. :headbang:

Is it the 3.5 restored?

I'm just trying to find your consignment that sold. Usually MCS puts items on their site as well as eBay, but I don't see a Planet #47 completed listing on eBay within the past 2-3 days.

I guess it sold before they put it on eBay?

On 2/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, manetteska said:

I'm just trying to find your consignment that sold. Usually MCS puts items on their site as well as eBay, but I don't see a Planet #47 completed listing on eBay within the past 2-3 days.

you threw me with the 3.5, I had another planet that grade (47). so then I said, "this is why I consigned, to avoid this type of confusion!"

my 27 was 2.5, unrestored but cover detached at single center staple according to mcs   item id  55557568

it went in 1-2 days, so I assume mcs

Edited by Bird

On 2/17/2022 at 9:06 AM, manetteska said:

I think the confusion is that item 55557568 Bird mentioned is is Planet 27, not 47 https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=55557568

See copies of Planet Comics that were recently sold. https://www.mycomicshop.com/newlistings?q=planet+comics&minyr=&maxyr=1960

On 2/16/2022 at 4:40 PM, shadroch said:

Whatever MCS may lack in speed of setting up, they make up for it with the speed they process payments.  Considering the weather and covid, I think they are doing fine. Anything from before 1-28 has been processed and is available for purchase.   Thats 1-28-2022 for those of you who use CGC.

Is 1/28/22 the Received date of your consignment(s) or the Setup Start date? (and how many comics?)

My 24 raws were Received 1/24/2022 and have been sitting in Setup (scan and file) purgatory since 2/8.

As of today, I have about a dozen books processing, but these are books I bought from them and then consigned back so they were in house the whole time. I have a batch of raws on the way, I'll track their progress a little better.

I'm surprised people are upset about not getting their books listed quicker. Have they looked at the alternatives? 

My sales have been incredible, averaging around two grand a week since the beginning of the year, with most selling well above what I was hoping for.

On 2/18/2022 at 9:57 AM, shadroch said:

As of today, I have about a dozen books processing, but these are books I bought from them and then consigned back so they were in house the whole time. I have a batch of raws on the way, I'll track their progress a little better.

I'm surprised people are upset about not getting their books listed quicker. Have they looked at the alternatives? 

My sales have been incredible, averaging around two grand a week since the beginning of the year, with most selling well above what I was hoping for.

That's great. The whole reason I'm giving it a try.

MCs just messed up my whole week. I usually get their check on Monday, but this is a holiday weekend so no mail Monday. I'm going to Mexico for an overnite stay on Monday so I asked my neighbor to grab my mail on Tuesday. So what happens? My MCS check shows up on Saturday. 

Did anyone notice the new ebay listings feature on MCS? 

I got my check on Saturday, too ... but that was a pleasant surprise for me. They've been great so far ... I think I've had a check every week and the books I sent have quite a few niche items that didn't sell here. They seem to have a wide and diversified clientele. Looks like Este may have gotten a promotion too... Bravo :golfclap: GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, shadroch said:

MCs just messed up my whole week. I usually get their check on Monday, but this is a holiday weekend so no mail Monday. I'm going to Mexico for an overnite stay on Monday so I asked my neighbor to grab my mail on Tuesday. So what happens? My MCS check shows up on Saturday. 

Did anyone notice the new ebay listings feature on MCS? 

I’m confused.  Did your cheque come early or late????