• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

Just to add my 2 cents - I think mycomicshop is a fantastic place to consign slabbed books.  Been doing it off and on with them for years.  If you list realistic prices and the book has a market - the book will sell and quickly.  You can always take offers too.  Very friendly and easy to use.

As others have said, they are ultraconservative with grading raw books though.    

On 2/9/2022 at 10:06 AM, bpc3qh said:

Are there any recommendations for how to ship things? USPS, FedEx, etc.? I'm not accustomed to shipping multiple books like this, and want to make sure it goes smoothly.

I was able to use the same box CGC shipped to me for my 11 graded book shipment to MY Comic Shop. The package weighed just over 13# and shipped from Southern California to Arlington using UPS ground (insured for $500) for $20. Thanks to the boards I use Pirateship.com for the discounted rate printed at home. 

On 2/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, bpc3qh said:

Are there any recommendations for how to ship things? USPS, FedEx, etc.? I'm not accustomed to shipping multiple books like this, and want to make sure it goes smoothly.

I used USPS registered mail because I was insuring the box for about 21k.  It sucked having to take the shipping/insurance hit but having them do all the work was really great and took a lot of stress off of me. 

I can't recommend them enough.  Great experience from start to finish.  

One thing that surprises me since I began selling books on MyComicShop is the number of people who make their purchases via eBay instead of going directly to the site and paying less there. Without tabulating my relatively small sample size, I'm guessing it's about 30%-35%.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, letsgrumble said:

One thing that surprises me since I began selling books on MyComicShop is the number of people who make their purchases via eBay instead of going directly to the site and paying less there. Without tabulating my relatively small sample size, I'm guessing it's about 30%-35%.

I've made that mistake early on, as it was Reece comics on a IH 182 and one other I believe.  Still made my money back, but dont look back.

These smaller shops would have me twisted in the wind, if I looked up every single seller I considered on ebay.

That's a long way to say I understand how it is passed up, yet shouldn't be as prevalent. Yes, I'm sure selling on mcs would be eye opening 

On 2/9/2022 at 7:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've made that mistake early on, as it was Reece comics on a IH 182 and one other I believe.  Still made my money back, but dont look back.

These smaller shops would have me twisted in the wind, if I looked up every single seller I considered on ebay.

That's a long way to say I understand how it is passed up, yet shouldn't be as prevalent. Yes, I'm sure selling on mcs would be eye opening 

I've done the same thing. I purchased 4 slabs from mycomicshop through eBay about 10 years ago. But after realizing I could have purchased for less through the site, I thought I must have been in the extreme minority.   

On 9/9/2021 at 2:56 AM, mycomicshop said:

That's also why some people get the impression that consignments at MCS are overpriced

There are always outliers, but generally speaking - pricing at MCS is fantastic. As is customer service and value. As an international buyer it’s one of my favourite places to shop and Conan has always been friendly and supportive via PM here on the boards. 

This thread was very helpful for me to understand the process. Thanks @thehumantorch

On 2/9/2022 at 6:56 PM, letsgrumble said:

I tried to do that. They told me it sold on eBay....???

On 2/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, shadroch said:

A years worth of MCS consignment checks.

MCS has been berry, berry good to me!image.thumb.jpg.aa4c33c5722c433b3c51ab3158727b0c.jpg

Bisbee is such a weird, fun place.  Stopped in 2011 on a whim and ended up drinking and getting the tour with a bunch of wacky characters.  

On 2/16/2022 at 9:20 AM, Beastfeast said:

Bisbee is such a weird, fun place.  Stopped in 2011 on a whim and ended up drinking and getting the tour with a bunch of wacky characters.  

It is a great place to visit, and it certainly has more than it's share of quirky residents. 

As our town motto says- Bisbee: We are all here because we are not all there. 

Edited by shadroch