• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2022 at 7:48 PM, manetteska said:

Not according to my consignment page. 

I just looked up mine as well. 

The ones I have not changed price recently are still showing on ebay, but as you said the ones that I lowered the price 3 days ago have dissapeared from ebay.

:facepalm:

On 3/2/2022 at 8:03 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I just looked up mine as well. 

The ones I have not changed price recently are still showing on ebay, but as you said the ones that I lowered the price 3 days ago have dissapeared from ebay.

:facepalm:

Exactly; even the old price listing, which should have been canceled on eBay (and then a new one created) doesn’t show up. 

@mycomicshop - did we do something incorrectly or is something larger afoot?

On 3/2/2022 at 11:42 PM, mycomicshop said:
On 3/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, manetteska said:

Exactly; even the old price listing, which should have been canceled on eBay (and then a new one created) doesn’t show up. 

@mycomicshop - did we do something incorrectly or is something larger afoot?

Sorry--looks like I broke something last Friday while making a change. That's fixed now and all recently posted or re-priced consignments are once again listed on eBay as usual.

I saved the internet!

On 3/3/2022 at 9:59 AM, Kramerica said:

Things continue to go great with my consignment. I love how they lay everything out on the "My Consignments" page. I have 3 BIN's, 3 have sold and 7 at auction this wee. Every time I've had a question it's been answered within a couple of hours. I'm sending another box of slabs to them today. 

I will never sell another slab on eBay. I really like having everything done by them. It's so easy peasy. Here's a look at my page for those who are curious about how it works:

I would love to sell slabs on MCS, but I want to sell a ton. The problem is getting the slabs to MCS.

Was hoping they would make a rounds of some of the bigger shows and perhaps accept consignments on-site, but everything took a turn 2 years ago.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:05 PM, mycomicshop said:

We will be at a couple shows accepting consignment drop-offs this year. We'll be at Heroes in Charlotte at the end of June, and Baltimore Comic Con at the end of October. This is our first year doing this so starting out small--depending on how it goes we might add other shows in the future.

I can't wait to drop things off in Baltimore.

On 3/4/2022 at 10:32 AM, musicmeta said:

I live not too far away so I hope I can just call them up arrange a drop off time and drive down and drop off books to them at their location.   I'll save a lot headaches this way. 

Yes--if you want to drop off consignments in person, what we ask is:

1) First submit a regular consignment transaction like you normally would, either via the quick submit option for slabs only, or via the regular submission system if submitting raws too. Creating one of those transactions will give you a submission invoice to print--bring that with the comics you drop off.
2) You don't need to schedule an appointment with us ahead of time to drop off consignments--you can stop by any time 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:25 PM, mycomicshop said:

Yes--if you want to drop off consignments in person, what we ask is:

1) First submit a regular consignment transaction like you normally would, either via the quick submit option for slabs only, or via the regular submission system if submitting raws too. Creating one of those transactions will give you a submission invoice to print--bring that with the comics you drop off.
2) You don't need to schedule an appointment with us ahead of time to drop off consignments--you can stop by any time 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.

That is fantastic news.  Thank You very much for the info on dropping off.  It will be slabs and raw.  This helps me a lot. 

On 3/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, Ryan. said:

I don't know if there has been an uptick in whiny customers complaining about grades but MCS' already conservative grading seems to have been cranked up a notch. 

As much as I hate to admit it, I am one of those whiny customers.  :makepoint: I just submitted four books - two came in where I expected, one I was unsure of because of a defect for which I had no clue how it would affect the grade (and the grade they gave it seems reasonable to me), and the last one came in well below what I expected.  They have another copy of the same book in the exact same grade they gave mine, and based on the scans, it looks to be in a little worse condition than mine.  I guess it's also possible that mine was damaged during shipping, but I probably just missed something obvious.  (That seems to be the most likely reason. :frown:)

I did send a whiny email to see if they had any grader notes, and the nice lady who responded said that consignment books get a quick once-over when they're scanned and ready to go in case the assigned grade looks too low or high.  I'm not sure if that's true or if she was just appeasing yet another whiny little @#$%&, but I appreciated the quick response. :bigsmile:

On 3/4/2022 at 4:15 PM, Gonzimodo said:

As much as I hate to admit it, I am one of those whiny customers.  :makepoint: I just submitted four books - two came in where I expected, one I was unsure of because of a defect for which I had no clue how it would affect the grade (and the grade they gave it seems reasonable to me), and the last one came in well below what I expected.  They have another copy of the same book in the exact same grade they gave mine, and based on the scans, it looks to be in a little worse condition than mine.  I guess it's also possible that mine was damaged during shipping, but I probably just missed something obvious.  (That seems to be the most likely reason. :frown:)

I did send a whiny email to see if they had any grader notes, and the nice lady who responded said that consignment books get a quick once-over when they're scanned and ready to go in case the assigned grade looks too low or high.  I'm not sure if that's true or if she was just appeasing yet another whiny little @#$%&, but I appreciated the quick response. :bigsmile:

The consignment books do get another look before the final process. I have had the grades changed on a few of mine in the past. Thankfully all of the adjustments were upwards.

On 2/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, mycomicshop said:

Regarding our processing times for raws and slabs--I don't think we're slow relative to anybody that provides a comparable service at our volume, but we do want to be faster. I'd like to get our times for slabs down to the range of 1-3 business days from receipt to ready to go. Raws will be longer than slabs since grading is slower than imaging. 10 business days might be a good goal for raws but that's not final. And certain classes of trickier books like Golden Age requiring more thorough examination will probably be in a separate track that moves a little slower.

@mycomicshop First, thanks much to Dave @thehumantorch for starting this. And since you are here (great!) I just wished to ask whether consignment from Italy would be a more complicate process or not.
I know of some acquaintances consigning from Europe but I never did it myself and it could be interesting…

On 3/4/2022 at 11:57 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I love that MCS participates here, and is readily available to address their customers questions/concerns.  Been following this thread from the beginning, and have been really impressed with what I’ve been reading.  MCS seems to have a great game plan, and I look forward to working with them in the future.(thumbsu

I think it could be very interesting if it’s not too complicated from Italy. It could be interesting for foreign editions as well.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:20 PM, vaillant said:

@mycomicshop First, thanks much to Dave @thehumantorch for starting this. And since you are here (great!) I just wished to ask whether consignment from Italy would be a more complicate process or not.
I know of some acquaintances consigning from Europe but I never did it myself and it could be interesting…

Where in Italy do you live?