• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2022 at 4:39 PM, Ryan. said:

Usually a couple of weeks for me. 

Yeah, that’s kinda more where I’m at. 

Post Office delivered on the 14th, they started “Processing” on the 18th.  A couple of days ago my Account home page had the status change to “Completed” but when I click on the consignment details it shows that one slab has to be sent to CGC for a defective inner holder, but the other 25 slabs are still waiting for scans to be added. 

As of today the 28th still can’t add prices.  Just wondering if that was unusual but I guess not. Thanks. 

yes, I also have items in processing (14). Such anticipation! I sent in 6 raw planet comics, 3 have been noted as restored. Local con buys, I was aware of 1 but ugh, 3. I did not buy them here at least (maybe one was in a HA lot?) But this is why I sent them there, more eyes and I don't have to detect tear seals and such. I love buying GA but selling is a whole other skill set that I don't have the cojones for. Let them flip the brittle pages and gauge staple issues, Imma scared to do that!

On 1/28/2022 at 8:00 PM, Number 6 said:

Yeah, that’s kinda more where I’m at. 

Post Office delivered on the 14th, they started “Processing” on the 18th.  A couple of days ago my Account home page had the status change to “Completed” but when I click on the consignment details it shows that one slab has to be sent to CGC for a defective inner holder, but the other 25 slabs are still waiting for scans to be added. 

As of today the 28th still can’t add prices.  Just wondering if that was unusual but I guess not. Thanks. 

"Completed " seems to mean that processing and grading is finished. This still leaves imaging to be done. I was a little confused at first too. I called Este and she explained it to me. GOD BLESS... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 1/29/2022 at 8:36 AM, jimjum12 said:

"Completed " seems to mean that processing and grading is finished. This still leaves imaging to be done. I was a little confused at first too. I called Este and she explained it to me. GOD BLESS... 

These were all CGC slabs. 

I have some raw books I was going to send them, I better hurry up and get those to them as “Processing” will likely take even longer for books they actually have to grade. 

On 1/29/2022 at 11:44 AM, Number 6 said:

These were all CGC slabs. 

I have some raw books I was going to send them, I better hurry up and get those to them as “Processing” will likely take even longer for books they actually have to grade. 

Same with slabs. The imaging seems to be the final step. I've sent both raw and slabbed. They told me that their goal is no more than 15 days from receipt to price-ready, but I've yet to wait that long. They have a sharp outfit. Most of what I've sent has sold, except for a few items I have priced aggressively. GOD BLESS .... 

On 1/29/2022 at 8:55 AM, jimjum12 said:

Same with slabs. The imaging seems to be the final step. I've sent both raw and slabbed. They told me that their goal is no more than 15 days from receipt to price-ready, but I've yet to wait that long. They have a sharp outfit. Most of what I've sent has sold, except for a few items I have priced aggressively. GOD BLESS .... 

Yeah, typically I’m not in a super-hurry, but I would like to get my stuff before people find out what they’re getting back from n their taxes and start getting spendy. 

On 1/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, Number 6 said:

Yeah, typically I’m not in a super-hurry, but I would like to get my stuff before people find out what they’re getting back from n their taxes and start getting spendy. 

Several times I've noticed my goods are ready for pricing towards the beginning of the week. Checks seem to be cut towards the middle of the week. This may just be coincidence. I think I've had a check a week from them since I started getting them. My stuff isn't all top shelf either. GOD BLESS.... 

Among other items I bought from their prime auction were eight slabbed comics that I consigned back to them.  These became available for pricing last night.  I marked them up between 25-40% over what I paid for them at auction.  Overnite, two sold and I have offers on three more. If my counter-offers are accepted, I'll have recovered 95% of what I paid  for the eight, and have three slabbed books left with a cost of almost zero. 

Will I get rich doing this?  No, but it is a nice supplimental income. 

On 1/29/2022 at 12:09 PM, jimjum12 said:

Several times I've noticed my goods are ready for pricing towards the beginning of the week. Checks seem to be cut towards the middle of the week. This may just be coincidence. I think I've had a check a week from them since I started getting them. My stuff isn't all top shelf either. GOD BLESS.... 

Payments are issued on Wednesdays. 

On 1/29/2022 at 12:26 PM, shadroch said:

Among other items I bought from their prime auction were eight slabbed comics that I consigned back to them.  These became available for pricing last night.  I marked them up between 25-40% over what I paid for them at auction.  Overnite, two sold and I have offers on three more. If my counter-offers are accepted, I'll have recovered 95% of what I paid  for the eight, and have three slabbed books left with a cost of almost zero. 

Will I get rich doing this?  No, but it is a nice supplimental income. 

You rock. (no sarcasm there) And mcs loves the heck out of it as well! Lather rinse repeat is the only way to grow.

I was not aware I had this much flexibility with my consignments, so I can move items back and forth from mcs and cgc apparently. How do you communicate this, do you just email este everytime? I have a few raw books for sale right now I would now prefer to follow advice given here in this thread and move some to cgc for grading but see no option anything like that on my consignment page(s). I don't want to bombard este if there is a more recognized procedure for this.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, Bird said:

I was not aware I had this much flexibility with my consignments, so I can move items back and forth from mcs and cgc apparently. How do you communicate this, do you just email este everytime? I have a few raw books for sale right now I would now prefer to follow advice given here in this thread and move some to cgc for grading but see no option anything like that on my consignment page(s). I don't want to bombard este if there is a more recognized procedure for this.

At this time it's something you'd email our consignment department to request. It's not a bother so email us if that's something you want to do.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:18 PM, mycomicshop said:

At this time it's something you'd email our consignment department to request. It's not a bother so email us if that's something you want to do.

done!

On 1/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, mycomicshop said:

If anybody wants to do this, either with an item you win in auction, or something purchased from our inventory or a consignor's that you think you can sell for more, this is how to easily do it:

1) When submitting your order on our website, in the order comments box say "please add to my consignments" or something similar. It doesn't have to be that exact phrase but as long as the word "consign" appears in the comments your order will be reviewed to see if this is what you're requesting.
2) Please don't submit a mixed order containing both items you want added to your consignment account and items you want shipped to you. You can use the "save for later" buttons in your shopping cart if you need to temporarily hold back some items out of your order. When we process your order for items going into your consignment account, the shipping cost will be zeroed off (or refunded to you if paid by credit) since we're not shipping anything to you.
3) We support this option for slabbed items or raw items that we graded with a ten point grade. It's not available for items (usually lower value under $15) that we've graded with the letter grades NM, VF, FN, etc.

Yes, I seperate wins and buys between what I want to reconsign and what I want shipped. I figure MCs likes this as they collect two commisions on the same book. 

Now that MCS accepts Zelle, I'm saving another 3%. It adds up over time. 

Sorry if this is off topic. 

Out of curiosity, is the 3% buyer's premium just standard now in auctions? I used to see it noted on items I wanted to purchase as an extra notation. However I just won an auction ( and 3 % buyers premium was not noted on the listing) and I was a little surprised to see the extra 3% fee added when I started checking out.