• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2022 at 10:14 PM, Wolverinex said:

Sorry if this is off topic. 

Out of curiosity, is the 3% buyer's premium just standard now in auctions? I used to see it noted on items I wanted to purchase as an extra notation. However I just won an auction ( and 3 % buyers premium was not noted on the listing) and I was a little surprised to see the extra 3% fee added when I started checking out. 

That depends on how you pay. Pay by PayPal or CC and there is a fee.

pay by check or Zelle, no fee.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:14 PM, Wolverinex said:

Sorry if this is off topic. 

Out of curiosity, is the 3% buyer's premium just standard now in auctions? I used to see it noted on items I wanted to purchase as an extra notation. However I just won an auction ( and 3 % buyers premium was not noted on the listing) and I was a little surprised to see the extra 3% fee added when I started checking out. 

Buy it now consignments mention the 3% buyer's premium in the listing text:

image.png.14fe6d2059ca5bcbba45369a5596c480.png

For auctions, that info is not repeated with each individual auction listing. Instead, it's part of the bidder agreement that you have to acknowledge before you're able to bid:

image.thumb.png.0f44ecf6fcae5c00f815ccadcf514614.png

The info about the buyer's premium is the first item listed in the bidder agreement, and you have to check that checkbox and click accept before you're able to bid. 

For your own reference, you can view the bidder agreement terms again at any time from the link near the top of the auctions page:
image.png.a3fec5e00664e704773e5009dcfa1337.png

There are multiple credit card companies now offering unlimited 2% cash back rewards on a consistent/regular basis. There are even a couple that double your rewards if you pay through PP so if I'm in a pinch and don't want to miss out on a slab I really want that might have just posted on the MCS website, I just use my Wells Fargo or Citi etc. thus the net vig is really then only 1%. 

On 2/1/2022 at 11:40 AM, mycomicshop said:

Buy it now consignments mention the 3% buyer's premium in the listing text:

image.png.14fe6d2059ca5bcbba45369a5596c480.png

For auctions, that info is not repeated with each individual auction listing. Instead, it's part of the bidder agreement that you have to acknowledge before you're able to bid:

image.thumb.png.0f44ecf6fcae5c00f815ccadcf514614.png

The info about the buyer's premium is the first item listed in the bidder agreement, and you have to check that checkbox and click accept before you're able to bid. 

For your own reference, you can view the bidder agreement terms again at any time from the link near the top of the auctions page:
image.png.a3fec5e00664e704773e5009dcfa1337.png

Gotcha.  Thanks for the details

On 2/3/2022 at 10:14 PM, letsgrumble said:

From the consignments I sent out in December, I just sold my 50th book last night!

cut.jpeg.0e1725f38417dfc5e8323f598974ead7.jpeg

About the same here, and a group I put into auction sold for almost exactly what I had hoped and were settled up before the 3 week window. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/4/2022 at 7:51 AM, manetteska said:

No!!!! I need my consignments scanned. lol

Me too! I checked in via email yesterday and Este replied almost immediately this morning. In all seriousness their customer service is top notch. The best out there. They've obviously said "we're going to be the best and then some" because I get quick replies (with correct grammar!) on all of my inquiries. Anyway, due to the icy roads and people out with COVID they are a little stretched right now which is what I expected even before I sent the email. Anyways, I have 11 CGC slabs there and I bet they'll be ready this week and then I'm going to place all of them into auction and "let it ride." I'll keep this thread updated with my experience.

I have a couple of questions for MY COMIC SHOP. What about sales taxes as a consignor in the USA? I'm very interested in pulling all my eBay comic listings and putting them somewhere else due to the $10,000 sales threshold.

As an example, I have a MCP 72 CGC 9.8. If were to send it in to you, it seems on this thread you would consider it a buyer's book and should probably be listed as a buy it now. How much lower than your current listings do I need to list it to sell it in a timely manner? It seems weird to me to undercut all the asking prices by $5.

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks

On 2/7/2022 at 12:18 PM, Kramerica said:

Me too! I checked in via email yesterday and Este replied almost immediately this morning. In all seriousness their customer service is top notch. The best out there. They've obviously said "we're going to be the best and then some" because I get quick replies (with correct grammar!) on all of my inquiries. Anyway, due to the icy roads and people out with COVID they are a little stretched right now which is what I expected even before I sent the email. Anyways, I have 11 CGC slabs there and I bet they'll be ready this week and then I'm going to place all of them into auction and "let it ride." I'll keep this thread updated with my experience.

I have 14 items checking, starting 1/25, and am hoping today is the day! If the few comic art do okay tonight I will send some more.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:29 AM, mytastebud said:

I have a couple of questions for MY COMIC SHOP. What about sales taxes as a consignor in the USA? I'm very interested in pulling all my eBay comic listings and putting them somewhere else due to the $10,000 sales threshold.

As an example, I have a MCP 72 CGC 9.8. If were to send it in to you, it seems on this thread you would consider it a buyer's book and should probably be listed as a buy it now. How much lower than your current listings do I need to list it to sell it in a timely manner? It seems weird to me to undercut all the asking prices by $5.

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks

I would contact them directly with that question. 

On 2/7/2022 at 11:29 AM, mytastebud said:

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks

90 day GPA average is $425 but trending down a bit, and most recent 9.8 sales from GPA are $360, 420, 430, 425, 400. Cheapest equivalent 9.8 in our inventory is a consignor's $449, cheapest on ebay is about $435 with shipping.

If it were my book I'd probably start it at $420-430 and then be ready to drop it a little more after a few weeks if it hasn't sold and GPA prices show any further movement down. Depends on how urgently you want it to sell vs being willing to wait.

On 2/7/2022 at 1:06 PM, mycomicshop said:

90 day GPA average is $425 but trending down a bit, and most recent 9.8 sales from GPA are $360, 420, 430, 425, 400. Cheapest equivalent 9.8 in our inventory is a consignor's $449, cheapest on ebay is about $435 with shipping.

If it were my book I'd probably start it at $420-430 and then be ready to drop it a little more after a few weeks if it hasn't sold and GPA prices show any further movement down. Depends on how urgently you want it to sell vs being willing to wait.

I like being able to list a book at a strong price but still accept offers. The percentage auto-decline feature is great, to weed out lowballers ... for example, I can auto decline at 70% on some and 10% on others. 

I also like how you collect the Sales Tax so I don't have to. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu