• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2022 at 12:31 PM, Ryan. said:

No, what is it? 

I think it is new as I never noticed it before. When you look at a book- Avengers 25 as an example, you see all the books they have in stock, but there is a new box that will also allow you to see all the listings of that book on ebay.

image.thumb.jpg.a8d4b7b9c165fc8b582c26025a768a9e.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9c2fdc7e09cf5748522be68f8526c9ae.jpg

Edited by shadroch

On 2/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, shadroch said:

I think it is new as I never noticed it before. When you look at a book- Avengers 25 as an example, you see all the books they have in stock, but there is a new box that will also allow you to see all the listings of that book on ebay.

Interesting. Gotta be new. 

On 2/21/2022 at 1:30 PM, mytastebud said:

One of the books I sent in for consignment has a crack on it. It must be small. What does MY Comic Shop do in this case? 

Notes 1 1/2" crack back bottom right 

I believe they will note it in the consignment listing.  Will likely affect the price you can sell it for.

well here we go. I went to my consignments this morning hoping for an update. I saw a notation for another one of my CGC cases being returned due to damage. There was no communication from My Comic Shop so I emailed asking what happened. The book is being sent back due to a CGC error.

Hi David, happy to clarify.  The Spider-Man 1AU had an error on the label; it needed to be sent back for correction before sale, and CGC does those at no charge.

I don't think there is an error. Can anyone confirm this is the correct wording for this book? 

spiderman 1 poly bagged ed.jpg

On 2/22/2022 at 3:11 PM, XLII XXXIX LVI said:

According to the ones I just looked at on E bay, your comic was never polybagged (why does CGC spell this word so ridiculously? 🤔 )

Yes it was. You can tell by the missing colour on the knee under the price box 

On 2/22/2022 at 4:54 PM, mytastebud said:

well here we go. I went to my consignments this morning hoping for an update. I saw a notation for another one of my CGC cases being returned due to damage. There was no communication from My Comic Shop so I emailed asking what happened. The book is being sent back due to a CGC error.

Hi David, happy to clarify.  The Spider-Man 1AU had an error on the label; it needed to be sent back for correction before sale, and CGC does those at no charge.

I don't think there is an error. Can anyone confirm this is the correct wording for this book? 

spiderman 1 poly bagged ed.jpg

Checked with our consignment director this morning, and she said your book had been removed from the queue going to CGC for relabeling yesterday, and will be recorded as-is. One of our employees was reviewing a group of slabs that included your book plus multiple other copies of the same issue, and that person saw that your book was labeled differently than the others, so thought that meant it had been mislabeled by CGC. But it appears CGC's handling of this issue has evolved over time, and nothing about your book is incorrect and needs relabeling.

If I'm understanding correctly from previous discussion here on the boards and in this rarecomics post, what we currently have listed as variant 1AU (described as having originally been polybagged, polybag removed, with Spidey-head instead of barcode), can actually be differentiated into two further variants--one that originally came in a polybag, and one that looks very similar but never was in a polybag to begin with. My understanding is that the way to differentiate these two versions is that one has more purplish colored webbing and one has more grey webbing, and also something about the color difference in a small area just to the side of Spidey's right knee. We're reviewing this to see if we want to update our catalog entries.

image (6).png

Edited by mycomicshop

On 2/23/2022 at 7:57 AM, mycomicshop said:

Checked with our consignment director this morning, and she said your book had been removed from the queue going to CGC for relabeling yesterday, and will be recorded as-is. One of our employees was reviewing a group of slabs that included your book plus multiple other copies of the same issue, and that person saw that your book was labeled differently than the others, so thought that meant it had been mislabeled by CGC. But it appears CGC's handling of this issue has evolved over time, and nothing about your book is incorrect and needs relabeling.

If I'm understanding correctly from previous discussion here on the boards and in this rarecomics post, what we currently have listed as variant 1AU (described as having originally been polybagged, polybag removed, with Spidey-head instead of barcode), can actually be differentiated into two further variants--one that originally came in a polybag, and one that looks very similar but never was in a polybag to begin with. My understanding is that the way to differentiate these two versions is that one has more purplish colored webbing and one has more grey webbing, and also something about the color difference in a small area just to the side of Spidey's right knee. We're reviewing this to see if we want to update our catalog entries.

image (6).png

I appreciate the explanation and new knowledge. When these poly-bagged Spiderman came out I was only allowed 3 copies by my local comic book store.

I sent two different poly bagged comics into CGC for a total of 5 copies. I didn't remove the bags before sending them in (that was stupid). The Spiderman 1 copies did not come back with the bags. The Morbius #1 copies did.

Thanks again for your help.

Does anyone know off hand how much time MCS gives bidders to pay for items in auctions? Book sold on Feb 7 still says awaiting payment from the winning bidder. I'm just curious. 

We give people 15 days, enough to combine together auction wins from 3 weekly auctions. Sometimes if somebody's been previously reliable we might give them a small grace period beyond that. If your book ended Feb 7 it's already past the deadline so it should soon be paid for or canceled to be relisted. If you want you can PM and let me know the email address for your account and I can give you more specific info.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:30 PM, mytastebud said:

One of the books I sent in for consignment has a crack on it. It must be small. What does MY Comic Shop do in this case? 

Notes 1 1/2" crack back bottom right 

It will be noted in their listing, they also note any other issues found with the slab such as things inside the case.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, manetteska said:

Maybe it’s just me — or how I’m searching — but comics I recently adjusted prices on are no longer showing on eBay

examples: Dickie Dare #4 I modified 4 days ago and a Fight Comics #11 I changed this morning. 

I don't see them on mycomicshop's site either.  Did they sell?