• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2021 at 8:14 AM, CAHokie said:

I think I lurked for a while before creating an account. I had just gotten back into comics and didn’t even know what CGC or a slab was. 

I went back and looked, and it seems I created an account so I could post in the PGM thread with my AF15. Don't think I did much in the way of posting for a while after that, though.

So I guess I was a part-time lurker at the beginning...

On 11/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, kav said:
On 11/1/2021 at 6:01 PM, ttfitz said:

And do you think your early experience here - which I also remember - was the sort of thing we should be shooting for?

stop trolling.

Seriously, this is an example of what you called a "dig" and "trolling"? Wow. Just wow.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:14 PM, ttfitz said:

Seriously, this is an example of what you called a "dig" and "trolling"? Wow. Just wow.

Initially when you made this post I replied good naturededly.  You have since gone on to make 5 more digs at me in various threads in a 24 hour period so I realized i was indeed being trolled so I edited my reply.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:56 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Hello @Arkham :)

This is something I see mentioned occasionally - members having trouble accessing their own posting history. Here's how you can do it.

If you go to your profile page you'll see a "See their activity" tab over to the right like so:

Well you could strike me down with a feather. Thanks very much mate. I appreciate that a lot. 

On 11/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, kav said:

Initially when you made this post I replied good naturededly.  You have since gone on to make 5 more digs at me in various threads in a 24 hour period so I realized i was indeed being trolled so I edited my reply.

This is just sad.

On 11/3/2021 at 1:05 PM, F For Fake said:

Ok, just finished up the last 25 pages or so of this thread. Lots to digest. But the important thing is this: Grits are great and what the heck is wrong with people??? Some butter, some hot sauce, some salt and pepper, you got you some good grits. Some cheesy grits with peppers??? You got you some GREAT grits. I will not abide any grits slander, folks.

(As for the people who do the "sweet grits" with sugar, yeah, I've seen it. I don't personally go that way, but I will not judge.)

:applause:

On 11/3/2021 at 1:05 PM, F For Fake said:

Ok, just finished up the last 25 pages or so of this thread. Lots to digest. But the important thing is this: Grits are great and what the heck is wrong with people??? Some butter, some hot sauce, some salt and pepper, you got you some good grits. Some cheesy grits with peppers??? You got you some GREAT grits. I will not abide any grits slander, folks.

(As for the people who do the "sweet grits" with sugar, yeah, I've seen it. I don't personally go that way, but I will not judge.)

Grits suck. :baiting:

On 11/3/2021 at 12:05 PM, F For Fake said:

I suspect that when they are done poorly (like my experience) that they can be disgusting

On 11/3/2021 at 2:02 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I suspect that when they are done poorly (like my experience) that they can be disgusting

Well this is fair, for sure. You don't want some watery grits. I could definitely see someone getting some watery, runny grits and then swearing off of them for life.

This thread is like that famous Christmas 'dumpster fire' dinner get together that everyone remembers.

Everyone shows up dressed nicely and it all seems polite and friendly enough to enjoy our dinner but by the end of the dinner you're wondering why nobody is planning on coming back next year. :eek:

The only thing missing is the romantic element to this story.

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/3/2021 at 6:52 PM, VintageComics said:

This thread is like that famous Christmas 'dumpster fire' dinner get together that everyone remembers.

Everyone shows up dressed nicely and it all seems polite and friendly enough to enjoy our dinner but by the end of the dinner you're wondering why nobody is planning on coming back next year. :eek:

The only thing missing is the romantic element to this story.

So you would rather have people going at it?

People calling other people a fookwit?

You'd prefer drama than people shooting the mess?

I thought you were a pacifist Roy?

(tsk)

On 11/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

So you would rather have people going at it?

People calling other people a fookwit?

You'd prefer drama than people shooting the mess?

I thought you were a pacifist Roy?

(tsk)

I have not heard someone use that term since playing X-Box live around 15 years ago lol 

I think it was the Scots... 

and NO ONE... and I mean NO ONE curses like the Scots.