• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jan Heritage Auction putting up some nice artwork
4 4

412 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2022 at 2:08 PM, Terry JSA said:

I thought you offering $250k for both pages was a very solid offer but for one of them to hit $3.36M? No one expected that. 

I wonder what the consignor is thinking right now. hm

The consignor should be thinking he owes Uncle Sam 28% of his profits!

That should help fix a few roads here & there!

On 1/13/2022 at 1:54 PM, stinkininkin said:

The Secret Wars pages was about investment, right? Not about nostalgia or about the merit of Zeck as an artist (and I'm a Zeck fan!). This was about potential investment or moving one currency to another currency. Not what we all got into original art for in the first place. Right?

I do find it interesting the inking of the page is attributed to 3 guys, but they don't know who did the pages! John Beatty, Jack Abel or Mike Esposito. Personally I think the inks are by Abel.

Scott, as an inker, do you think it would be easy to know for sure who's inking style was applied to Zeck's pencils?

Edited by Timely

On 1/13/2022 at 2:02 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

Do you have kids, or know any?  Mine always believe they're making something compelling.

I have two. One is an artist! She started by going to cons with me. Graduated last year from Pratt and has 2 working art jobs, may be quitting one to go full time at the other.

Intent is necessary but not sufficient, of course you need execution as well.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:30 PM, vodou said:

Not all 2022 results are wowee. Unless a nice deal was in place, this was a loser.

image.thumb.png.f37be993d38ade2f951954f3b930460e.png

not a great result, but that's a hard cover to love unless you grew up with that series or that book.   

On 1/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, vodou said:

Not all 2022 results are wowee. Unless a nice deal was in place, this was a loser.

image.thumb.png.f37be993d38ade2f951954f3b930460e.png

I wonder what the seller was hoping for.  With how crazy prices are for some stuff I would think quite a bit higher than where it hammered.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:30 PM, vodou said:

no, of course not. But you didn't answer the question either.

Good stuff just got cray cray. And Erik Larsen too. :devil:

On 1/13/2022 at 3:16 PM, Timely said:

The consignor should be thinking he owes Uncle Sam 28% of his profits!

That should help fix a few roads here & there!

The consignor should have contacted me before the sale to cut that number WAY down.  And it's 31.8% effectively, you're forgetting NII would be triggered on this sale.  Not to mention the possibility of state tax as well.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, jaybuck43 said:

The consignor should have contacted me before the sale to cut that number WAY down.  And it's 31.8% effectively, you're forgetting NII would be triggered on this sale.  Not to mention the possibility of state tax as well.

I wish I was only paying 32% effective tax rate.  must be nice!!!