• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jan Heritage Auction putting up some nice artwork
4 4

412 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, Timely said:

No, not me. I decided to let the others fight over it. I'm happy with the 5 other GI Joe covers I have! :banana:

You were holding off for these Secret Wars #8 bids, amiright?

On 1/13/2022 at 5:43 AM, Bird said:

Sure, but the kid has no idea why he made something compelling, the intent isn't there as it is with the artist. Rothko is producing that quotient on purpose, not by happenstance.

I have no interest in Rothko. But if I win the cray cray lottery I would look to buy Moebius and Pollock first. I go nuts over Pollock (not every one, but some!). And it was planned and created to look that way, it isn't just a little of this and a little of that.

Do you have kids, or know any?  Mine always believe they're making something compelling.

Time to add another zero to the ask price on OA

Completely shocked at the Secret Wars price.  Looked like the seller made the right decision going with an open auction.  For decent material, are we at a place where you really should only sell in an open auction versus a private sell?

On 1/13/2022 at 12:42 PM, Bill C said:

I found this prelim in my portfolios. I can't be sure, but I think this was from before the Marvel Team Up issue, and that issue of Marvel Age? This is a real early concept sketch.

My ask is a paltry 20K.

prelim.jpg

You'll do better at auction apparently...

On 1/13/2022 at 2:10 PM, batman_fan said:

Time to add another zero to the ask price on OA

Completely shocked at the Secret Wars price.  Looked like the seller made the right decision going with an open auction.  For decent material, are we at a place where you really should only sell in an open auction versus a private sell?

i would have to agree with that. everything i watched went for SIGNIFICANTLY more than i expected.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:06 AM, Drummy said:

Never thought I'd see a page of Zeck OA go for more than an Action Comics #1 in 6.0 (wp) within 5 minutes' time...both are historical within the world of comics, however, so congrats to the new owners.  Wow.

Dan

Neither did Mike Zeck. I bet he wished he had kept it.