• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jan Heritage Auction putting up some nice artwork
4 4

412 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2022 at 2:24 PM, delekkerste said:

No, it just means the Hulk #181 cover is now worth that much more 

By the transitive property, this page is worth 2 Death Dealer #6's or 2/3rds of an Egyptian Queen...  Guess I gotta go start selling more blood to get ready for the next auction. 

On 1/13/2022 at 2:38 PM, Peter G said:

Mike Burkey should be arrested for attempted robbery !!!

LOL.... PETER....Sure lets time machine from 2 months ago to today  :)..... Probably 90% of the people who post here believed my offer was WELL over retail back then when the guy contacted me who owned them, but hey..being an armchair QB on the chat board today when something sells for over 10 times more than anyone ever dreamed is part of the fun of chat board chats... I'm quite ECSTATIC what these 2 pieces sold for. Now i'll be holding all of my ASM 253-258 BLACK VENOM SYMBIOTE COSTUME pages for a while, as that 1984 era of Spiderman EARLY black symbiote pages are gold now! :) 1 thing i hope everyone can agree on after today is .....We most certainly live in a new world after today's auction that's for sure! (especially for superhero Marvel art)   

Edited by romitaman

On 1/13/2022 at 12:42 PM, Bill C said:

I found this prelim in my portfolios. I can't be sure, but I think this was from before the Marvel Team Up issue, and that issue of Marvel Age? This is a real early concept sketch.

My ask is a paltry 20K.

prelim.jpg

I'll take two!!

Prices seemed shocking to me across the board, Secret Wars pages aside. And as alluded to by a previous poster, private sales on quality material is probably all but dead at this point. It's auction only, or the gnawing feeling that you are leaving money on the table in a private transaction, no matter how generous an offer appears. 

On 1/13/2022 at 2:24 PM, delekkerste said:

No, it just means the Hulk #181 cover is now worth that much more 

Agreed, I think H181 cover crushes anything else known to exist.

The question in my mind is what would the ASM 252 or SW8 covers go for ?

Whew!

On 1/13/2022 at 3:00 PM, Peter G said:

Did you really think I was serious about arresting you for attempted robbery ? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Toughen up marshmallow 😏

Ah come on.    He's in a weird spot.   He made what sounded to me like a great offer only to have it dragged on the floor and crushed.    Not his fault, but its not hard to imagine being a little touchy in his shoes.    Its weird place to make a bona fide offer and then have something sell for 10x.

On 1/13/2022 at 3:03 PM, stinkininkin said:

And the buyer of that Hulk 180 last page is probably feeling pretty good about that purchase right about now.

NO kidding!!!

On 1/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, romitaman said:

LOL.... PETER (perfect first name).......Sure lets time machine from 2 months ago to today with your awesome knowledge today :)..... Probably 90% of the people who post here believed my offer was WELL over retail back then when the guy contacted me who owned them, but hey..it's neat being a keyboard armchair QB on the chat board today when something sell for over 10 times more than anyone ever dreamed. I assure you i'm ECSTATIC what these 2 pieces sold for...now i'll be holding all of my venom ASM 253-258 BLACK VENOM SYMBIOTE COSTUME pages i own for auctions in the future, as all that 1984 stuff is gold now!   1 thing i hope everyone can agree on after today is .....We most certainly all live in a new world after today's auction that's for sure! (especially for superhero Marvel art)

I thought you offering $250k for both pages was a very solid offer but for one of them to hit $3.36M? No one expected that. 

I wonder what the consignor is thinking right now. hm

Edited by Terry JSA