• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jan Heritage Auction putting up some nice artwork
4 4

412 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 5:39 PM, cloud cloddie said:

If history is an example, prices will dip a bit when I decide to sell a few things, but will climb again after that. :tonofbricks:

Whoa, we've got the same super power. Price Crashers unite!:cheers:

Edited by Legion of Goom

On 1/25/2022 at 7:01 PM, Bill C said:

Not a whole lot of earth shaking stuff yet, IMO- but honestly, who thought those secret wars pages were really gonna cause anywhere near that stir? (No, I don't think that will be replicated for a bit)

Personally, what has my eye so far (although I'm not a player in this) are those Wally Wood Marvel pages, and the Dazzler cover.

But, if Heritage is sinking with this latest auction, I'll let 'em have my underground Ultra Klutz cover as long as they slap it on the catalogue cover and guarantee me 15K :insane:

I take back what I said, they just added three Peanuts strips. :luhv:

On 1/25/2022 at 8:37 PM, batman_fan said:

The April auction is looking like a big nothing burger so far

Give it time.    They’ve probably not uploaded much yet

On 1/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, Drummy said:

Hey everyone --

Now that this bill is paid, I am happy to post my one substantial OA win for 2022 from the January auction (my year's budget is basically in this piece, so only smaller stuff for me until 2023.  Unless...well, you get the idea). 

This DPS was on my short list of Bronze Age Marvel OA trophies to "maybe someday dream of owning", as I read The Champions avidly in the 70's and loved Byrne's art in the title for his brief but magical six-issue run.  Byrne/Layton is one of the finest art combinations you can find in 1976, and this DPS seems to me a far more gorgeous representation of the team than any of the Champions covers save for Kane's #1.  Even late-addition Darkstar and guest-star Black Goliath have never looked more spectacular.  (The layout, to me, is flawless.)

Thanks for looking!

Dan

PS the cherry on top of this sundae is that I've also always loved the Stilt-Man as a goofy SA villain!

Champions DPS.jpg

It’s terrific to find something you really want, and get it. I haven’t been too fortunate for quite a while.😭

On 1/26/2022 at 8:01 AM, Drummy said:

Hey everyone --

Now that this bill is paid, I am happy to post my one substantial OA win for 2022 from the January auction (my year's budget is basically in this piece, so only smaller stuff for me until 2023.  Unless...well, you get the idea). 

This DPS was on my short list of Bronze Age Marvel OA trophies to "maybe someday dream of owning", as I read The Champions avidly in the 70's and loved Byrne's art in the title for his brief but magical six-issue run.  Byrne/Layton is one of the finest art combinations you can find in 1976, and this DPS seems to me a far more gorgeous representation of the team than any of the Champions covers save for Kane's #1.  Even late-addition Darkstar and guest-star Black Goliath have never looked more spectacular.  (The layout, to me, is flawless.)

Thanks for looking!

Dan

PS the cherry on top of this sundae is that I've also always loved the Stilt-Man as a goofy SA villain!

Champions DPS.jpg

:applause:awesome pick-up

On 1/26/2022 at 9:01 AM, Drummy said:

this DPS seems to me a far more gorgeous representation of the team than any of the Champions covers save for Kane's #1. 

WOW! You must be over the moon with this one, it is really a strong example! No one could have guessed at that time the impact Byrne would have on the comic industry, but you could clearly see he was off to a GREAT start. Congrats on this great pickup!