• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One of, if not the - coolest stores I've ever been to - and it's local. Pulps, posters, toys, artwork and more...
2 2

86 posts in this topic

You're fortunate. I'm dead center of NJ and the best I have around me are 2 bobble-head stores masquerading as comic book shops, they also sell $1 box modern dreg. But I digress. Looks like a lot of fun.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:22 AM, BitterOldMan said:

IMG_2700.webp.181c9a8522c7347d875510e9d57dc8e0.webp

Ace Double featuring Junkie by William Lee and Narcotic Agent by Maurice Helbrant. Ace Double Books D-15. Near Mint condition Paperback.  $2,500.

Near Mint.😂

Was this from this store? I was going to ask how the pulp prices are but might already know the answer…

On 9/3/2023 at 1:01 PM, Robot Man said:

Was this from this store? I was going to ask how the pulp prices are but might already know the answer…

Seems like an awful lot for an Ace Double, even one as cool as this one.  Probably his 'I don't want to sell it price'.  

On 9/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, thehumantorch said:

Seems like an awful lot for an Ace Double, even one as cool as this one.  Probably his 'I don't want to sell it price'.  

It’s a toughie in that condition, but I think you’re mostly correct. Still, it’s his “don’t want to sell it price” until someone buys it. 

I’ve seen pockets of pullback on some of the pandemic bubble pricing, but the prices in other collecting areas keep accelerating.  (shrug)

On 9/3/2023 at 3:54 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

That's a first edition of William Burroughs' first published work. I don't know what FMV is for a copy in that condition, but it's not a cheap book.

Junkie is also a hell of a good read. 

On 9/3/2023 at 11:22 AM, BitterOldMan said:

IMG_2700.webp.181c9a8522c7347d875510e9d57dc8e0.webp

Ace Double featuring Junkie by William Lee and Narcotic Agent by Maurice Helbrant. Ace Double Books D-15. Near Mint condition Paperback.  $2,500.

Near Mint.😂

One just sold in a Heritage Auction for a little over $1000 part of the Gary Munson Collection.   This one looks a tad bit nicer.

On 9/5/2023 at 10:28 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Junkie is also a hell of a good read. 

Why, I just happen to have a copy of the Penguin edition in my bookcase in the comic room. I've read a good chunk of his ouvré; my favorites are his later books - the Red Night trilogy and the short story collection "Exterminator!"