• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PLEASE READ - A Message from George Perez
6 6

104 posts in this topic

I would also add that both my uncle and mother-in-law passed away from liver cancer.  If there's any positive, it's a merciful form of cancer in which you don't linger and suffer long.  It hits and takes you very quickly.  

I always liked his art and he was in his prime in my youth with NTT. As an artist, I found him consistent like Swan but could do dynamic art better. He could do the big battle scenes with multiple characters. I had the pleasure of meeting him twice. First time was before huge artists lines at the Cons. Walked right up at a Motor City show with no line. Told him how appreciative I was of his work and he signed my Crisis TPB. Last time was in Chicago a few years ago and so grateful that he signed a NTT #1 poster and a Crisis cover print on a wood placard (I think from Hobby Lobby years before). Always pleasant and friendly when I saw him. 

On 2/28/2022 at 9:04 AM, Crops068 said:

This is fantastic news for him.  Now he can actually get some rest hopefully.

image.png.38cd7338889ac5bd3b04eabff835a579.png

I could not agree more! 

This definitely is fantastic news that he is back at home with his family.  :cloud9:

I could not be happier for them ! 

Thank you for sharing this!!

That's fantastic to hear he's back at home. There's really nothing like being back at your own home to boost your spirits after a stint in hospital/hospice/palliative care, so hopefully it comforts George and gives him a bit of a second wind. 

flippers are flippers and I do not think the content of the book matters...all flippers flip because they can get what someone else wants more. So is every flipper a scumbag? Or only when it is a book you want?

On 3/18/2022 at 11:11 AM, Crops068 said:

Yep.

I didn't get one.

:headbang:

My store let the first two people who pre-ordered the book to buy the two copies they got at cover price.  I was lucky enough to be one of those.  I'll be making a donation to the Hero Initiative as well.

Flip it?  Furthest thing from my mind.  For all that I desperately wish they could have made more, I'm glad they were able to clear the rights to do the book at all, in time for George to see it.  I won't lie, I teared up when I first started flipping through it.

On 3/18/2022 at 3:44 PM, Bird said:

flippers are flippers and I do not think the content of the book matters...all flippers flip because they can get what someone else wants more. So is every flipper a scumbag? Or only when it is a book you want?

:headbang:

Context matters, buddy.

On 3/21/2022 at 7:14 PM, rexinnih said:

Dang, just looked at the prices the JLA Avengers Hero Initiative Reprint are going for. Hero Initiative should have put a $200/$250 price tag on it as cover price. Prefer $ going to them than flippers. 

If they were $250, flippers be flipping at 1k

Losing Neal was a real gut punch for me…TEC #404 being my favorite as a kid.  I actually couldn’t post on the boards for a short while, even though I never met the man.  Funny how we comic fans are affected. 😥

George being home where he belongs is fantastic.  Never a better place to be at ease.  It will be a lot to handle if we lost another great one too soon, so many prayers and best wishes to George and Constance. :foryou::foryou:

Edited by Galen130