• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. Joe #21 Cover Art Hitting Heritage in January
2 2

86 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2021 at 11:00 PM, Bill C said:

I'll pull a guess out of my butt and say it goes for under half that

Honestly, I think with the Dr. Strange #1 cover selling for $408,000 on Heritage, the G.I. JOE #21 cover has a chance of following behind that. 

$300k+ seems like a realistic number for the original cover art. 

On 12/9/2021 at 11:43 PM, Terry JSA said:

Honestly, I think with the Dr. Strange #1 cover selling for $408,000 on Heritage, the G.I. JOE #21 cover has a chance of following behind that. 

$300k+ seems like a realistic number for the original cover art. 

I will take the under as well ...6 figures under lol

On 12/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Really? I'm taking the under if you are predicting $350K.  Mike Dringenberg Sandman House Ad selling for $96K threw me for a loop on the last auction. I thought it would go higher.  Yes, I know, it's apples and oranges, but somehow I have the same feeling about this one. So I'm going to say $99K.

I'd pay $99k for it right now.  This one's going to go nuts.  

On 12/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, G.A.tor said:

I will take the under as well ...6 figures under lol

I've put out feelers for just how much a "goat rodeo" would cost me. That should be a good barometer for how slathered in peanut butter and sprinkled with raisins-ish crazy this will wind up being. 

Edited by comix4fun

As of now... $125,000 ($150,000 with bp) with 16 bidders (39 bids + phone bidders)... Wow.

I assume serious bidders will be camping out for the live auction, no matter what.  I would never be in contention for anything like this with those bid increments.  In general, at these "heights", what is the point in placing bids now ?  Is the goal to scare off as many people as possible as soon as possible ?

Just seeing this thread now. I’m rooting for Gene. I don’t think you need to sell anything to grab this one, Park. I think you can swing it. I know it’s easy to spend someone else’s money, but as a G.I. Joe art fan this one is going to be about $350k.

On 12/30/2021 at 2:36 PM, Will_K said:

As of now... $125,000 ($150,000 with bp) with 16 bidders (39 bids + phone bidders)... Wow.

I assume serious bidders will be camping out for the live auction, no matter what.  I would never be in contention for anything like this with those bid increments.  In general, at these "heights", what is the point in placing bids now ?  Is the goal to scare off as many people as possible as soon as possible ?

Not always true. Sometimes the seller will shill it up to their "reserve" early and hope someone bites, not expecting their bid to remain high bid.
(Full disclosure: I have been that sucker before)

On 12/30/2021 at 8:43 PM, J.Sid said:

Not always true. Sometimes the seller will shill it up to their "reserve" early and hope someone bites, not expecting their bid to remain high bid.
(Full disclosure: I have been that sucker before)

Sometimes I forget the world we live in.  :(  And threads like this do not help.

Edited by Will_K