• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The SECRET PLAN Folder

265 posts in this topic

Board moderation is an art, not a science. Ultimately, it's a task that depends as much on the members of the board as it does on any ideas that the moderators have about how things should be handled. Every board's moderation must be orchestrated to embrace the culture of the bulk of its participants. That means that the level of moderation varies from group to group. In some groups, for instance, there is a looser standard towards "trash talking" and joking around because many members seem to enjoy it rather than get angry over it. The tricky thing is to help confine that banter between those who find it fun without letting it spill over onto those who find it offensive. All of this has to be done with an approach that accomplishes that goal without simply sterilizing board conversation into boredom."

So, what you're saying is that the MAJORity rules?!??!?!? Oh man, that just made my pants tight.

(My pants are ..... wool? And I just.......... spilled a drink? And then I ...... dried them? Tarnations.)

• Administrator

Note that this means the REAL majority, not the vocal majority, AND that it is balanced as well by the desires of the board sponsors - CGC in this case. My point was that the comics forum generally has a different standard of moderation than the water cooler, which is different from the coin board, etc. etc.

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid.

Oh, and MK, you gotta take the point against the coinees.

After that post the last thing I wanna hear this weekend is anything like "I got your back..."

Z.

Note that this means the REAL majority, not the vocal majority, AND that it is balanced as well by the desires of the board sponsors - CGC in this case. My point was that the comics forum generally has a different standard of moderation than the water cooler, which is different from the coin board, etc. etc.

Shoot-dang. I can't wait until someone comes to overthrow our oppressive regime.

Shoot-dang. I can't wait until someone comes to overthrow our oppressive regime.

All it takes is a little road trip to the Chicago area! You in? cool.gif

All it takes is a little road trip to the Chicago area! You in?

Battle Mode Khaos is ready to roll! We should start a NEW thread so we can discuss this away from "prying eyes" (Arch), you know? Don't need him cluing in to our sinister Master Plan... heh. heh. heh.

I grew up in Barrington. I know where all the rich white kids live. We'll be at Arch's house shortly - we'll be like those Vikings in the Capitol One ads! grin.gif

Oh, and MK, you gotta take the point against the coinees.

After that post the last thing I wanna hear this weekend is anything like "I got your back..."

Oh we'll see who you come running to for the post-battle Swedish massage, Mister Man!

[we'll be like those Vikings in the Capitol One ads!

OK, that went over my head. Maybe the ads only ran in the US? confused.gif

Get a real coach!

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifmad.gif LET THE BLOOD-LETTING BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifshocked.gifmad.gif

Just kidding guys, hey, that brings up an interesting point... who is going to be the Master of Ceremonies here? Who gets to fire the starter pistol???

who is going to be the Master of Ceremonies here? Who gets to fire the starter pistol???

Dunno man. It was easy on X-mas when hammer made that libelous post against Bug, you, and I. OK, maybe only against me! smirk.gif

We need something impromptu! Perhaps the return of Crusty? shocked.gif

Like a pre-massacre parade!

But MOS takes too long and responds to every point. We need someone who's quick to respond! Like.........?????????? crazy.gif