• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The SECRET PLAN Folder

265 posts in this topic

An army runs on it's stomach, man. Whatcha got cookin tonight?

You're right in that! Cause the army is gonna mobile we need food to match. But no Granola Bars or Pop Tarts! Pah!

I envision for the upcoming festivities: Lamb Shish Kebab. Packed with flavor, easy to eat inside pita bread, the lamb also coincides nicely with the holiday tradition. For those who feel the lamb is a bit too "gamey" or strong tasting, chicken or just plain vegetable kabobs will also be made available.

To begin, we focus on the Lamb Kebab. Ordinarily yogurt is a nice component of the marinade, but on the battlefield oil is better. So we begin with 1 1/2 inch cubes of lean lamb, equal sized pieces of yellow or red peppers (they have more charcater than the ubiquitous green pepper that eventually matures into its tastier counterparts) and white onion. In a large ammo box add these ingredients along with extra virgin olive oil, rice wine vinegar, fresh mint, crushed garlic and a whisper of oregano. A light dusting of salt and pepper follows. Let all marinade at least an hour. More is better.

Then take either a stainless steel skewer or a bamboo skewer (if using bamboo soak in water 30 minutes to avoid scorching the bamboo. But for this ocassion stainless steel shal;l be used - the empty skewers come in handy for hand-to-hand). Slide a slice of onion onto the skewer followed by lamb followed by pepper. Continue for a length of 1/2 inch less than your pita bread's width, ending with a slice of onion. Grille over the fire, turning once, until all is nicely browned and sizzling. To eat, take a whole piece of pita bread, lay it on your palm bottom side up. Place the skewer centered on the bread. Make a half-fist to wrap the pita over the kabob and slide out the skewer.

For vegetable kabob, use cubed eggplant and baby zuchini in place of the lamb. Use a garlic, lemon juice, coriander seed, extra virgin olive oil and cilantro marinade.

For chicken, substitute quartered chicken breasts and use an olive oil, lime, crushed caper and garlic marinade.

Mighty fine eating on the go!

My Gosh! Coinee head skewered on a stick is right!! His recipe is a winner! A CGC 10.0!!! I would have KILLED for that recipe and he gave it up for nothing to help aid our cause! DEEE-Licious! I don't know if I would have been able to pillage and decimate the Coinee tribe on an empty stomach!!

MAJOR...... What about leading the attack by way of the Card forums? We'll meet with no resistance. The Cardites have completely lost the will to live, all on their own and the place is a barren wasteland. We can over-run the infinitesmal Cardite peninsula and march into Coinee territory from the South?? Whatta' ya' think??

Hammer, I fully agree with this plan. However, I think it would be most prudent to go ahead and leave our South weak (who really wants Comics-Quest anyway?) and keep our attack surging from our strongest area: Comics General. We have our none-too-secret enclave of Delta Force agents in the North stationed in the Water Cooler who should be able to keep the truly staggeringly stupid coinees busy while we come up and decimate their weaker threads ultimately working our way North through Numisma-Quest (no resistance), the Marketplace (Coin style... again, no resistance), actually... come to think of it, they'll ALL be pushovers until we get to U.S. Coins. Those fokkers could put up a small amount of resistance and if Delta Force hasn't made their way down from the Water Cooler yet, we could conceivably sustain heavy casualties.

And after lunch, we'll take Syri-- er, the Card Forum just for grins.

I was thinking about taking a trip over to the old coin forums that gave most of these Coinee devils the old lumpuckeroo (the heave-ho). They must have NUMEROUS enemies on the other side that would love to participate in laying waste to their ranks. I'm going to alert them to what fate awaits the reprobates that they booted off their Forum that wound up here, and see if anyone would like to sign on and stick their two cents in!

I was thinking about taking a trip over to the old coin forums that gave most of these Coinee devils the old lumpuckeroo (the heave-ho). They must have NUMEROUS enemies on the other side that would love to participate in laying waste to their ranks. I'm going to alert them to what fate awaits the reprobates that they booted off their Forum that wound up here, and see if anyone would like to sign on and stick their two cents in!

Holy Snie-kees.......just make sure it doesn't backfire and they end up liking it over here. We could get a mass infiltration of new coin dinks.shocked.gif

Just recruit their best leader (Roy W.).....have him come over....and steal their best recruits for ourselves! Then...they will crumble by themselves! blush.gif