• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man: No Way Home SPOILERS WELCOMED thread
2 2

168 posts in this topic

This was the best MCU movie for me. This was the first time I felt that the MCU Spider-Man was a real Spidey movie.. I didn't !ike the Iron Man Jr. stuff from especially HC. What I did enjoy from those films was the chemistry between the characters, MJ and Peter's chemistry, and some really great villains. NWH gives us that, and.more: it gives us classic Spider-Man. We get to see the Goblin again, more terrifying than ever thanks to DaFoe's incredible appearance. We see Tom's Spidey experience the tragedy that is so essential to the character. And we got tied up loose ends from Tobey and Andrew. Garfield was a real highlight of the movie, he should get another shot at the character, maybe in one of Sony's Spiderverse movies.

Aunt May's death and the separation of Peter from MJ packed real emotional punches. Does Peter meet new people, will he rehook up with MJ, or fall for the MCU's Gwen Stacy(if she exists), or maybe Betty Brant, his first love in the comics. So many questions...

5/5

Edited by Larryw7

On 12/18/2021 at 4:43 AM, Larryw7 said:

This was the best MCU movie for me. This was the first time I felt that the MCU Spider-Man was a real Spidey movie.. I didn't !ike the Iron Man Jr. stuff from especially HC. What I did enjoy from those films was the chemistry between the characters, MJ and Peter's chemistry, and some really great villains. NWH gives us that, and.more: it gives us classic Spider-Man. We get to see the Goblin again, more terrifying than ever thanks to DaFoe's incredible appearance. We see Tom's Spidey experience the tragedy that is so essential to the character. And we got tied up loose ends from Tobey and Andrew. Garfield was a real highlight of the movie, he should get another shot at the character, maybe in one of Sony's Spiderverse movies.

Aunt May's death and the separation of Peter from MJ packed real emotional punches. Does Peter meet new people, will he rehook up with MJ, or fall for the MCU's Gwen Stacy(if she exists), or maybe Betty Brant, his first love in the comics. So many questions...

5/5

I can't decide if I want  him to get back with m.j. or start meeting new woman.  It could go either way. 

Would love to see black cat enter his life... Haha

On 12/18/2021 at 4:43 AM, Larryw7 said:

Does Peter meet new people, will he rehook up with MJ, or fall for the MCU's Gwen Stacy(if she exists), or maybe Betty Brant, his first love in the comics.

He spent the entire movie trying to fix what J Jonah Jameson described as the "chaos" and "destruction" that Spider-Man causes to the people he loves most, particularly Aunt May.  Now nobody knows who he is, so he suddenly realized now nobody can be hurt.

He should reveal himself to Happy though--that part wouldn't make ANY sense given how badly he'll struggle to get by without an identity.

Spider-Man: No Way Home Teases More Villains From the Multiverse

The second Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer ended with purple cracks forming in the dark New York City sky as Doctor Strange uttered the sentence, "They're starting to come through... and I can't stop them!" atop the Statue of Liberty. While the trailer kept the identities of these individuals a secret, the actual film dropped some major clues as to who they are. Instead of taking place at night, the sun started to rise as the cracks formed.

Inside the silhouette outlines of characters could be seen, including:

• Kraven the Hunter
  • Scorpion
  • Classic Rhino
  • Black Cat

One of the best things about this film is it suddenly inspired me to want to go back and watch ALL of the others.  :cloud9:

Dafoe definitely had the best performance.  ALL of the other ones were terrific as well, particularly Molina and Foxx.  Garfield and Maguire did great too.  Right now I rank this below Spider-Man 2 but above all the others, but I need to re-watch this and Spider-Man 2 to be sure of it.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 12/17/2021 at 10:07 PM, I like pie said:

I don't follow. If they could make everyone forget Peter was Spider-Man, it would be the same as making everyone forget Mysterio said it, including JJ.

The world first found out about Spider-Man’s identity because Jameson shared Mysterio’s death video. But after that, the story was picked up and shared by countless media outlets throughout the world, social media, and word of mouth, to the point that not every single person on the planet learned Spider-Man’s identity through Jamison’s Daily Fix show, but countless other ways. Dr Strange might spend his entire life making everyone forget every time they heard about Spider-Man’s identity from a different source other than the first moment Jameson shared the video. It’s a much quicker and easier spell to just make everyone simply forget. 

Reflecting a bit more on the film after reading everyone's helpful comments --

A few things I didn't like -- the pacing felt really rushed and occasionally 'off' in the movie; I felt either we were flying through stuff way too fast or sitting on moments that felt superfluous.  By the second half of the movie, though, all of that seemed to iron itself out.  Also, the first part of the 'big battle' was super confusing visually, at least during my first time through.  I didn't think Lizard, Electro, or the Sandman were particular interesting or well-acted...they felt kind of throwaway at times.

That said, there's SO much to like, and I'll reiterate my comment that Dafoe stole the film, lending high stakes to the conflict and establishing GG as THE villain in the Spideyverse.  Acting from all the major characters was terrific, and the film captured both the joy and the pain of both Spidey's life and our connection to his struggles.  I laughed out loud, shed some tears, and had to think a lot about the moral issues at stake.  That's an 'A' superhero movie for sure!*

Dan

* My 'A' MCU movies are Iron Man, Avengers, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Endgame, and now this one.  (Lots of A- grades as well...)

On 12/17/2021 at 5:55 PM, chrisco37 said:

The Murdock cameo was pretty cool.  Aunt May was a surprise.  I liked the Goblin in this one much better than in the Tobey movie.  so glad they ditched that stupid costume.  Dafoe looks like the goblin enough normally and he did steal every scene he was in.  
The first end credit made me glad I never wasted my time with the Venom movie.  Is that really the Venom voice?  Awful. 
Really enjoyed the movie though.  Lots of fun. 

It is and I cannot stand it either. It gets annoying really fast and Venom 2 had so much forced comedy and one liners I left the theater.  
Hardy is good and Venom looks cool but the way they have them talking together all the time is awful.  

As for this movie, it ROCKED!!  Amazing seeing all of them together. Well done. 

I definitely think I need to see this again to appreciate it more. I also wish I’d managed to truly avoid the leaks, apart from Aunt May I expected everything else so it didn’t hold as much of a wow moment for me. 
Of course that’s completely my own fault and it will still be one I re watch many times over!

One of my favourite moments was seeing him in the real deal suit at the very end, at last!

On 12/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, Bosco685 said:

I was thinking how the spell works is not only do they forget who he is but also any reference that would allow them to know who he is. Including pictures and voicemail.

Even poor Happy didn't know he was Aunt May's relative after all they had been through.

you are right, of course.  jonah's original video would be erased, all the newscasts/newspapers that documented it, etc., would go poof.  only way it would work.

Edited by Straw-Man

Question--what was that black and gold suit?  I know the gauntlet was Strange's tool to send the villains to the cells in his basement, but why did he put that suit on, and where did it come from?  Have they shown that one before?

On 12/18/2021 at 9:07 PM, fantastic_four said:

Question--what was that black and gold suit?  I know the gauntlet was Strange's tool to send the villains to the cells in his basement, but why did he put that suit on, and where did it come from?  Have they shown that one before?

The black and gold suit is the Stark suit inside out which is how Peter wore it after he couldn't get the green paint off.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:16 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

The black and gold suit is the Stark suit inside out which is how Peter wore it after he couldn't get the green paint off.

Which Stark suit was that--the one without the nanotech that he wore in Homecoming until Stark took it away from him?