• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2022 collecting goals?
8 8

177 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2021 at 9:45 PM, speedcake said:

I am down to eight issues needed to complete X-Men #1 to 143.

This should finally be the year!

Apart from that, I have no idea really. I'll likely pick a new run to start on, but which one is up in the air.

Impressive!

On 12/27/2021 at 9:45 PM, speedcake said:

I am down to eight issues needed to complete X-Men #1 to 143.

This should finally be the year!

Apart from that, I have no idea really. I'll likely pick a new run to start on, but which one is up in the air.

Need any from 119 forward?

This thread has been allot of fun to read! 

I feel like I have a ton of goals I work on at once.  

My big goals would be to continue the slow, methodic and expensive task of upgrading my Marvel SA keys. 

I'm always looking to add some GA books (PCH, WWII, Atomic Age) 

And my less expensive goal is to continue progress on a complete House of Secrets run, with 81 - 154 being a 9.0 or higher.  This goal has stretched out over years and isn't a priority. I just add a few books when I have an opportunity to. 

On 1/4/2022 at 1:04 PM, lizards2 said:

I have always been condition conscious, so was always holding out for a high grade copy. I've always been a sucker for HG over focus. lol 

My collection is more based on quantity rather than quality. However, now that there are very few books that I <really> want, I'm starting to move into the upgrade portion of my collecting.

On 1/4/2022 at 7:47 PM, KCOComics said:

In 2017, $5k could have bought you a pretty nice X1. 

I'm sure I said this to you before, but you are focused on the right things. I wish I was buying bigger books when I was 18 rather than trying to complete my Punisher War Journal run!! 

In 2017, $5,000 could get you a X-men 1 in 5.0 to 6.0  or AF 15 in 1.0 to 1.5 condition.