• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a fair warning for those taking threads off topic
8 8

358 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2021 at 2:58 PM, oakman29 said:

You old farts with your pursed lips, and self righteous couch potatoes.  Have your sour world.  I told you guys somewhere down the line I'm probably going to have an FDQ  moment before the years over.

I guess we are all waiting to see if you are a man of your word. Balls in your court.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:58 PM, oakman29 said:

You old farts with your pursed lips, and self righteous couch potatoes.  Have your sour world.  I told you guys somewhere down the line I'm probably going to have an FDQ  moment before the years over.

Fashion Doll Quarterly? 

Any in 9.8?

On 12/24/2021 at 7:02 AM, CGC Mike said:

I have noticed a group of people often going into threads and taking them off topic with nonsense postings.  This is disrespectful to the original poster and those that have contributed to the thread in a proper way.  There are bound to be off topic posts in threads.  However, when I see 60 to 100 posts, and only a few are on topic, this is not ok.  At this point, the person's thread is ruined. There are many that don't want to scroll through the kind of stuff I am seeing.  

Here are 2 rules listed in the terms of use.

A notice, warning or violation may be issued to a user if he/she violates the rules with any of the following behaviors:

15.   Particularly excessive off-topic posting.

16.   Spamming the Boards with repeated or similar posts.

Moon.jpg.e6439657183174ba6a59f6d7f2dc6928.jpg

On 12/24/2021 at 2:47 PM, kav said:
On 12/24/2021 at 2:37 PM, Math Teacher said:

I think any post that includes the phrase, "That's what she said.", would qualify.

That phrase has virtually disappeared as per Mike's orders.  Maybe used once or twice a week.  Youre still complaining about a problem that doesnt exist anymore.

Link to search

Used 13 times in December so far..........9 times by a single member.

As long as the mods understand that sometimes a thread evolves. But I agree if a thread asks a question or has a point and then it becomes a dumping ground for pages of memes, gifs and gifememery then I understand.

People posting here should offer more than just jokes. They should contribute to the discussion of comics, CGC and all things associated. There are some definite notorious posters who just post jokes and rarely anything of value. And while occasionally funny, if I went without their posts I don’t think I’d mind 

On 12/24/2021 at 12:09 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why not create an Official :signofftopic:thread?

It's sort of unusual and a little bit crazy...but here's another suggestion one or two might want to experiment with....

door.thumb.jpg.ade794ed4210721def9f602f827c58bf.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 12/24/2021 at 4:43 PM, Domo Arigato said:

It's sort of unusual and a little bit crazy...but here's another suggestion one or two might want to experiment with....

Yup! It’s called head to the library where you can have all the silence you need. Go kick rocks in a ditch alone. Or, go play chess in the park.

On 12/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, Domo Arigato said:

1937771250_giphy(3).gif.aea23f7c03d4fc023a402806160cbb6d.gif

• Administrator
On 12/24/2021 at 6:57 PM, comicginger1789 said:

One exception should be the raffle thread though. That’s just fun silliness and I hope the mods know that….

This thread isn't about the events that take place each year on the forum.  (The Holiday Raffle, Gift exchange, DrX's annual contest ect...)  It is also not about any one thread.  It's about the same handful of people who go into someone's thread where a comic related topic is being discussed, and completely ruin the thread for the OP and other contributing posters.  It also ruins it for the people that just lurk and read the threads to learn.  I am the one who has to deal with all the complaints in the reports and PM's.  This place is for everyone to enjoy, and I am not going to allow a few to ruin it for several others.  I am also not going to step in every time there are some off topic postings.  However, if it gets out of hand, I will make it stop.   

On 12/24/2021 at 3:09 PM, kav said:

So you are saying you have never complained before lol 
I said 'virtually' disappeared.  reading is fundamental.
I was parroting to point out the hypocrisy.  Comprehension is also, fundamental.
If 90% of what you say in class is a joke, I suggest you stick to the lesson plans and instruction. 

giphy.gif.6e260a496b78d9e25fb1579b68ae0dfb.gif