• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a fair warning for those taking threads off topic
8 8

358 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/25/2021 at 12:06 PM, CAHokie said:

I am guessing it will be rarely used and obvious why it was done when applied.

Yep.  Currently, there is 1 person banned from posting and viewing a topic, and that is me.  

Oops!

You're banned from this topic. You can't read it.

I'm going to assume that the few people that were the problem were unaware how annoying they were to many other posters and will now modify their behaviour.

Let us put the Airing of Grievences behind us and move forward, together, to the Feats of Strength. 

Remember The Reason for The Season.

On 12/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, oakman29 said:

Careful,  you dont want to be funny.😶

He hasn't been yet, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

But that's not the point - who cares? Just ignore it and move on. Heavy handed moderation is as bad as inconsistent moderation. Just leave it alone.

On 12/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, CGC Mike said:

This thread isn't about the events that take place each year on the forum.  (The Holiday Raffle, Gift exchange, DrX's annual contest ect...)  It is also not about any one thread.  It's about the same handful of people who go into someone's thread where a comic related topic is being discussed, and completely ruin the thread for the OP and other contributing posters.  It also ruins it for the people that just lurk and read the threads to learn.  I am the one who has to deal with all the complaints in the reports and PM's.  This place is for everyone to enjoy, and I am not going to allow a few to ruin it for several others.  I am also not going to step in every time there are some off topic postings.  However, if it gets out of hand, I will make it stop.   

OK then, Cotton Mather.

On 12/24/2021 at 11:30 PM, Buzzetta said:

There is this book called "Go the **** to Sleep".  There is a audiobook version narrated by Samuel L Jackson...

If only I could link it here... 

If only. 

But just when you thought you were going to bed though-

On 12/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, lizards2 said:

The Dunning-Kruger Effect dictates that those who are the problem will lack the ability to recognize their own obnoxiousness, and will not modify their behaviour.

Perhaps we will have a Christmas Miracle then. 

On 12/24/2021 at 10:35 PM, unclezebo said:

I think this subject shouldn't have been brought up this close to christmas. I've seen too many shots at people for this time of year. my vote is to table it and wait till after the new year.

Agreed, @CGC Mike how come you didn’t just PM that member or members?

Threads are made to go off topic, this place is not a workplace and everyone is at a meeting.

On 12/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Agreed, @CGC Mike how come you didn’t just PM that member or members?

Threads are made to go off topic, this place is not a workplace and everyone is at a meeting.

Yes - a private invitation to Phil's. Make them feel special. They'll never know what hit them. :highfive: