• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a fair warning for those taking threads off topic
8 8

358 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2021 at 6:29 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Maybe that’s why you are a substitute teacher, your boring to your students and they don’t like you :popcorn:

I'm a substitute teacher because I was a full-time teacher for 38 years, and, as crazy as it sounds, I like to work. As to your second and third points, ....

Edited by Math Teacher

On 12/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, bababooey said:
On 12/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Link to search

Used 13 times in December so far..........9 times by a single member.

The fact that it's a phrase that's been reduced to occasional "call-back" humour doesn't seem like an overwhelming problem.  2c

That search only lists the uses of the exact phrase. 

It's often posted with very slight modifications that don't show up in a search for it....so the number is likely two or three times higher and goes beyond "occasional call-back humour".

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 12/24/2021 at 9:06 PM, Domo Arigato said:

That search only lists the uses of the exact phrase. 

It's often posted with very slight modifications that don't show up in a search for it....so the number is likely two or three times higher and goes beyond "occasional call-back humour".

CC112EB5-2AE1-4199-9C46-0D9074E3E614.jpeg.2f59d405400243e8cd61a5f59dad7238.jpeg

On 12/24/2021 at 1:08 PM, Math Teacher said:

I have to question your reading skills. I'm not the one telling you what to do. I'm just expressing my option, just like you.

I've had my say on this issue, and so have you. I'm done arguing with you. Feel free to continue to insult me, if that helps you feel better. I'm going to lspend my time learning how to implement this block function

On 12/24/2021 at 1:09 PM, kav said:

So you are saying you have never complained before lol 
I said 'virtually' disappeared.  reading is fundamental.
I was parroting to point out the hypocrisy.  Comprehension is also, fundamental.
If 90% of what you say in class is a joke, I suggest you stick to the lesson plans and instruction. 

@kav

well said :golfclap:

If 90% of what you say in class is a joke, I suggest you stick to the lesson plans and instruction.

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

On 12/24/2021 at 8:43 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

@kav

well said :golfclap:

You havent seen many Kav related videos I take it?

On 12/24/2021 at 11:41 PM, wombat said:

If stopping someone from posting in a thread also stops them from seeing the thread I think that is a bad idea. For one, they can just log out and view the thread so what's the point? You also better make sure there isn't a single post directed at that person from that point on. Being able to comment about someone who can't see the thread seems like a terrible idea. 

I am looking at it as a means to perhaps suspend someone from a thread rather than suspend someone from the boards.

Either way, it's a late Festivus Miracle.