• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Easy and cheap way to hang your graded comic book
2 2

55 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 1/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, Wolverinex said:

Do comics really fade if they are not in direct sunlight?

Yes.

If one thinks that their comics are safe just because their blinds are shut, then they're being ignorant.

I have some on the wall. I enjoy looking at them. Now they aren't thousand dollar books and there is zero direct sun light. The only expensive book I have showing is framed behind museum quality UV protected glass. That one has been up for years and I haven't noticed any hint at fading. 

On 1/11/2022 at 10:59 AM, sckao said:

It's a new way of communicating. The merging of the new with the old. The sign of the times.

A message board thread where some of the responses are in video format. (shrug)

We used to link to pre-made Animated GIFS and response videos.... but now we have sites where we can put our custom messages on top of the GIF or video.

Not with this particular video in mind... but a video showing how to put together a long box would have been much more helpful than a diagram that looked like it was from IKEA many years ago.  :kidaround:

e705107d37ab30a93076d4c7d61933ec.gif.3df2829f3a5c8c5b17502c67305f0372.gif

On 1/11/2022 at 2:58 PM, wombat said:

The only expensive book I have showing is framed behind museum quality UV protected glass.

That kind of material will likely keep the book looking the same for the entirety of your ownership. Not sure if it would fit the "easy and cheap" method that the OP is going for, though.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 1/13/2022 at 1:02 PM, chuckfregeau said:

You guys are so nice on this forum 

its 2022 people make YouTube videos and display their comics in their comic rooms but thanks for all the good feedback 👍🏼

Just facts, display them on the wall and you can join this thread and show off some pics. :cheers:
https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/497893-show-us-your-examples-of-sun-fade/

On 1/11/2022 at 10:59 AM, sckao said:

It's a new way of communicating. The merging of the new with the old. The sign of the times.

A message board thread where some of the responses are in video format. (shrug)

We used to link to pre-made Animated GIFS and response videos.... but now we have sites where we can put our custom messages on top of the GIF or video.

Not with this particular video in mind... but a video showing how to put together a long box would have been much more helpful than a diagram that looked like it was from IKEA many years ago.  :kidaround:

easy and cheap way to get Youtube hits

On 1/13/2022 at 3:25 PM, Finhead said:

Just facts, display them on the wall and you can join this thread and show off some pics. :cheers:

Not really. Depends on the conditions of the room, how long the comics are in the light and what kind of lighting there is.

On 1/13/2022 at 3:25 PM, Finhead said:

I've had stuff on my walls for years with no indication of sun fade, but laugh it up, chuckles.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:00 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Not really. Depends on the conditions of the room, how long the comics are in the light and what kind of lighting there is.

I have thought this same sentence before... 

Although I replaced the word comics with hooker... (shrug)

On 1/13/2022 at 6:53 PM, chuckfregeau said:

I’m just trying to help people y’all don’t have to watch it or be rude 

I don't think they are necessarily trying to be rude (though I didn't read all the comments, maybe some are). But there is an unfortunate down side to displaying your comics.  I wouldn't take it personal, just sharing information. 

Anyway, I liked your YouTube channel! Good luck with your collecting. 

I will be honest.  When I first saw the title I expected something like this. 

20220114_002907.thumb.jpg.4e4d8ece6261817763a9c6e3a112ef94.jpg20220114_002917.thumb.jpg.15fb77c9ae8214e90c75e4177a0074ca.jpg

but actually those don't look too bad. As others have suggested though I wouldn't really put high value items in them, but they look like they would make a decent display.  Good luck with the channel. 

On 1/10/2022 at 10:19 PM, joeypost said:

I have the easiest and cheapest way.

I don’t hang my books up on the wall. 

I'd like a photo of Joey to hang on my wall. 

I mean, who wouldn't?! 

On 1/14/2022 at 4:33 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I will be honest.  When I first saw the title I expected something like this. 

20220114_002907.thumb.jpg.4e4d8ece6261817763a9c6e3a112ef94.jpg20220114_002917.thumb.jpg.15fb77c9ae8214e90c75e4177a0074ca.jpg

but actually those don't look too bad. As others have suggested though I wouldn't really put high value items in them, but they look like they would make a decent display.  Good luck with the channel. 

HOW DID YOU GET ONE OF THE BAD IDEA INVISIBLE COMICS? WHAT DID YOURS GRADE OUT AS??? 

OMG YOU'RE THE BIGGEST FAN I KNOW!!!!11

On 1/14/2022 at 8:26 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

HOW DID YOU GET ONE OF THE BAD IDEA INVISIBLE COMICS? WHAT DID YOURS GRADE OUT AS??? 

OMG YOU'RE THE BIGGEST FAN I KNOW!!!!11

:gossip:  It's actually even rarer.  That one has the invisible label!

Keep it next to this gem..

20210725_005442.thumb.jpg.fa6f6142830e7b74a8b226538b7c46c9.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite