• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 2
11 11

314 posts in this topic

oh this is a whole new kettle of fish

I decided to look at the books for the first time tonight

I have not gotten past the first book :whatthe:

this just got way way interesting :golfclap:

can we curse during the contest? Please? there are some spoons that need to be unleashed

On 2/8/2022 at 6:11 PM, Bird said:

oh this is a whole new kettle of fish

I decided to look at the books for the first time tonight

I have not gotten past the first book :whatthe:

this just got way way interesting :golfclap:

can we curse during the contest? Please? there are some spoons that need to be unleashed

10EF0B02-764F-458E-B234-7F2582A35DB5.jpeg.b6099191707227031c9f997bcfcd352c.jpeg

Some really tough books this round. Waffling on two of them right now but will have my guesses submitted on time.

• Administrator

I see a few people have mentioned they felt the scans were poorer quality than the first round.  When I click on these images twice, I get a larger scan that looks to be a nice, quality scan.  I always view the boards at 125% I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  So, I would like some feedback regarding the scans.  

On 2/8/2022 at 9:49 PM, CGC Mike said:

I see a few people have mentioned they felt the scans were poorer quality than the first round.  When I click on these images twice, I get a larger scan that looks to be a nice, quality scan.  I always view the boards at 125% I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  So, I would like some feedback regarding the scans.  

This round I can't get an image that's as clear as the first round.  Two clicks gets a large image, then you can zoom in using software.   Could be some hidden surprises that you can't be sure about this way.   But.... everyone is looking at the same scans, so it's a level playing field.  (shrug)

• Administrator
On 2/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Did you try to open them in MS Paint (or whatever) and resave them as JPEGs? 

So, I experimented with this today.  Of course that was after I did all the scans for round 3, and posted them in the thread.  This does convert them to a board compatible, jpeg/jpg image.  Although, I haven't viewed them in a thread yet.   I will post a few in a thread.  If they are like the ones in the first round, I will try to re-do the images for the next round.  

• Administrator
On 2/9/2022 at 5:49 AM, Deborah Buck said:

Rex Dexter of Mars #1 - Grade: 

Lawbreakers Suspense Stories #11 - Grade:

Action Comics #242 - Grade :

Scooby Doo #1 - Grade:

Amazing Spider-Man #300 - Grade:

•  
  •  

Please stop posting grades in the thread.