• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head of security at FSU's Strozier Library charged with theft of thousands of rare comics

24 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 1:27 PM, BitterOldMan said:

I apologize if this was already posted.  Neither the eighty page giant Batman 5 nor Avengers 68 are rare.

https://news.yahoo.com/head-security-fsus-strozier-library-151922675.html

trafficked in online forums”. Lol. The copies that were “trafficked” aka sold on the online forums are subject to forfeiture by the buyer as stolen property. 

On 2/7/2022 at 1:32 PM, grebal said:
On 2/7/2022 at 12:15 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Florida Man 

Didn't it rebrand to America's Wang?

Off with his wang! :sumo:

His solutions were indeed 'outside of the box'... for all the good stuff, that is. 

On 2/7/2022 at 7:39 PM, lizards2 said:
On 2/7/2022 at 3:32 PM, grebal said:
On 2/7/2022 at 2:15 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Florida Man 

Didn't it rebrand to America's Wang?

Off with his wang! 

That's what I first thought when I saw you say "hands."  But kind of too extreme.  Then considered the appropriateness of 'eye plucking' since his motive might have been to read the stolen loot, still in the spirit of old timey punishments.  And then I looked for the list of stolen comic books, but they only listed a few (same titles as the pic showed, in an earlier article) and it struck me a lot of the 5000 comics are probably drek.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:09 PM, grebal said:

And then I looked for the list of stolen comic books, but they only listed a few (same titles as the pic showed, in an earlier article) and it struck me a lot of the 5000 comics are probably drek.

A list of the books:

https://www.abaa.org/images/blog_parts/11535/Ervin_Collection_Theft (1).pdf

On 2/7/2022 at 8:11 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Thanks.  When I clicked the pdf link I kept getting dead page.

Most def some not-drek stuff there to be sure.  Pretty solid bronze collection, lotsa great mags too.

Edited by grebal