• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter just went savage on Arthur Suydam
3 3

128 posts in this topic

Please ask your daughter to list this on eBay and see if she can get more then the $20 she paid for it.

Its the Super Bowl tomorrow—what’s the over under on if Joe Burrow will be passing for more yards vs. today’s FMV of that stamped “sketch?”

wow 😂 

An experience like this is practically a rite of passage in Artists Alley. We all have stories about unhappy interactions with certain artists. At the same time, hopefully your daughter learned that when an artist says they don't want to sketch, to take them at their word and move on.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:53 AM, DomUga said:

I wanna see the rest of the sketchbook...

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=36717

I have a few posted on my old Comic Art Fans account. Most notably the Frank Cho mentioned earlier. After he drew the cigar he looked at me and said, “oops, maybe I shouldn’t have drawn that.” This was at the same convention I got the Arthur “sketch” from.

On 2/14/2022 at 3:18 PM, diva_tsarina said:

you'd think a professional artist would be embarrassed to put their 'official seal' on that.  and speaking of Michael Golden, be more careful to proofread insulting commissions (i.e. "patience is a virue")... 

I’m a little confused on what you’re saying about Michael Golden.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:12 PM, tiffleberry said:

I’m a little confused on what you’re saying about Michael Golden.

Golden was out of the scene for years and then came out on the convention circuit and he and his rep accepted money in advance for commissions. Then silence. A group of 4 or so decided they had enough and sent a legalish letter saying get'er done (even though this was kind of saying skip us to the top of the list, I know as I was on the list but not one who was involved in the letter). So he got'em done, and sent some class-less lettering on them as well. Professionally drawn but insulting the buyers. The only one shared publicly (as far as I know) has a misspelling and said "Patience is a virue Mr. Turnbull" (Mr Turnbull seems an awesome guy, although we have never met.) it also appears to be Doc thumbing his nose or blowing a raspberry to Mr Turnbull.