• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A list of "warehouse find" books
7 7

109 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2022 at 1:51 AM, Kevin.J said:

That maybe my fault, I used to use them as packing when I shipped parcels and have probably gave some away to almost everyone I ever met, I only have about 3k left lol 

Post that picture again Kev :bigsmile:

On 2/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, Kevin.J said:

This is the only pic I have left

977748421_CapGallant1.thumb.JPG.7c75e1e720b17d2c895949ae0e6de1a0.JPG

Just as you give the last one away, they'll announce a Captain Gallant film. 

How many books are needed to constitute a warehouse find?  I've got 250 copies of Avengers Annual 10 that I picked up from basically a warehouse (had 400 at one time).  I'm sure that wasn't the only stash of that book since I'm sure nobody bought that cover when it came out.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:51 PM, 1Cool said:

How many books are needed to constitute a warehouse find?  I've got 250 copies of Avengers Annual 10 that I picked up from basically a warehouse (had 400 at one time).  I'm sure that wasn't the only stash of that book since I'm sure nobody bought that cover when it came out.

That's a good question. I recently bought five copies of this...

ff4119thumbnail.thumb.jpg.305ccab34f9ef4b007682e173147d7ad.jpg

...from a chap in the UK who discovered (I think) 500 in a box somewhere.

Maybe to be worthy of making the list, a book has to have a prevalence that the market detects and which affects pricing? The above FF199 'Whitman' find seems to have translated into a glut of graded high grade copies on a book which was previously believed to be scarce. Prices are falling now, I see, so the find has had a notable affect on the market, pricing and has been noticed by the hobby. 

On 2/21/2022 at 6:13 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's a good question. I recently bought five copies of this...

ff4119thumbnail.thumb.jpg.305ccab34f9ef4b007682e173147d7ad.jpg

...from a chap in the UK who discovered (I think) 500 in a box somewhere.

Maybe to be worthy of making the list, a book has to have a prevalence that the market detects and which affects pricing? The above FF199 'Whitman' find seems to have translated into a glut of graded high grade copies on a book which was previously believed to be scarce. Prices are falling now, I see, so the find has had a notable affect on the market, pricing and has been noticed by the hobby. 

Those appear to be the Whitman prints - do they have a blank UPC?

On 2/21/2022 at 4:53 PM, lizards2 said:

Those appear to be the Whitman prints - do they have a blank UPC?

Yup

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/502880-fantastic-four-199-marvel-special-market-edition-distributed-by-whitman/#comment-12176286

On 2/21/2022 at 8:59 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's interesting. If these were all distributed in multipacks how could someone have found a case of them? Unless he pulled them from the bags.

On 2/21/2022 at 6:42 PM, Beyonder123 said:

That's interesting. If these were all distributed in multipacks how could someone have found a case of them? Unless he pulled them from the bags.

And in the UK, too. Very odd.