• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I a big jerk?
5 5

24 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2022 at 5:03 AM, Drake Dragoon said:

I saw a listing on ebay for a "MT" comic book that I wanted.

But I sent an email to the seller expressing my concerns about spine stress if I were to purchase it.

I attached this image that I pulled from the sellers listing: :shiftyeyes:

spine_creases.jpg

If you are not offered for sale at the jerk store then you are not technically a jerk.

On 2/27/2022 at 10:57 AM, wombat said:

You may be a big jerk, but it won't be because of that message. 

I can relate that. My message was sent with one simple question. The seller called me a big jerk with one question was too many.

On 2/27/2022 at 4:50 PM, JollyComics said:

I can relate that. My message was sent with one simple question. The seller called me a big jerk with one question was too many.

man he needs to seal with it if he wants to sell stuff.

On 2/27/2022 at 6:54 PM, kav said:

man he needs to seal with it if he wants to sell stuff.

I have been eBayer since 2009 and three sellers gave me the same attitude so far. One of them blocked me. One mere question.  Yep, they need to seal with it.

Edited by JollyComics

On 2/27/2022 at 3:49 PM, Lightning55 said:

The seller is now going to consider you a risk as a buyer, too picky.  He'll block you, and sell to someone else with lower standards.  That way he doesn't have to worry that anything he sells you won't measure up to scrutiny, and get returned.

One can only hope :wishluck:

On 2/27/2022 at 5:03 PM, JollyComics said:

I have been eBayer since 2009 and three sellers gave me the same attitude so far. One of them blocked me. One mere question.  Yep, they need to seal with it.

I got blocked for aksing a question about a conan book once.  that seller lost about 30 sales from me.

On 2/27/2022 at 11:49 PM, Lightning55 said:

The seller is now going to consider you a risk as a buyer, too picky.  He'll block you, and sell to someone else with lower standards.  That way he doesn't have to worry that anything he sells you won't measure up to scrutiny, and get returned.

Yup. I don’t use eBay, but the last thing casual dealers on there want is an OCD mint maniac like me.  Completely expendable.

Edited by Ken Aldred