• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN spoilers thread
2 2

257 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2022 at 6:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Just because you're 25 and angsty doesn't mean that you have no personality. It's not a good excuse.

"Angsty" and "personality" don't really mix... hm  I think the Nirvana opening song was more strategic to set the "angsty" tone...If they wanted personality for this movie, they would have gone with Spice Girls and bat-nipples...

Edited by AGGIEZ

On 3/7/2022 at 8:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

Back to the film: Did it need to be three hours?

I think there is a solid 2 1/2 hour movie mixed in there with some scenes that went a little long. Though then when I have reflected on scenes like Bruce Wayne starring at the deceast mayor's kid I get Matt Reeves was trying to convey him trying to protect others from his lost childhood.

The movie never seemed to drag for me.  Perhaps a smidge long but didn't affect my loving the film.  (I really need to learn that I should drink less pop during the film.)

On 3/7/2022 at 12:57 PM, piper said:

The movie never seemed to drag for me.  Perhaps a smidge long but didn't affect my loving the film.  (I really need to learn that I should drink less pop during the film.)

:roflmao:

In my screening one fellow moviewatcher finally gave up and ran out of the theater shouting "I GOTTA GO!"

Spike Lee built an intermission into Malcolm X that the theatre I saw it in honored, and good thing because it was 3 hours 15 minutes.  This movie should have had an intermission too at 2 hours 56 minutes.  Woe be unto those who went into this film with a venti Starbucks on board not realizing how long it was.  :blush:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 3/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, fantastic_four said:

Spike Lee built an intermission into Malcolm X that the theatre I saw it in honored, and good thing because it was 3 hours 15 minutes.  This movie should have had an intermission too at 2 hours 56 minutes.  Woe be unto those who went into this film with a venti Starbucks on board not realizing how long it was.  :blush:

And nowadays when theaters are inserting all those pre and post commercials to make up for revenue losses that's another 12-15 minutes at least in my theater.

:canofworms:

On 3/7/2022 at 10:50 AM, Bosco685 said:

And nowadays when theaters are inserting all those pre and post commercials to make up for revenue losses that's another 12-15 minutes at least in my theater.

:canofworms:

yup that is why I don't enter my theater till the movie is scheduled to start.  After getting some popcorn I sit down 10 minutes later and they are still rolling all the previews that I already saw on YouTube.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:45 AM, Bosco685 said:
On 3/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, fantastic_four said:

If they're crossbow bolts we definitely didn't see him use them that way.  If they're a more readily-available version of a grapple gun then we saw him use them many times.

I wondered what they were several times but figured there would be a clearer shot where we saw what they are, but I never saw any scene that clearly illustrated what they are.  And I now don't recall if he had a device in his hand when he fired his grappling hook.

I thought during the final fight with the Riddlerites at one point he pulled bolt out and fired it at one of them shooting into the crowd. I may be wrong. But it was before he injected himself with that Venom-like substance.

Confirmed! Batman does fire a bolt from his arm.

16:38

The_Batman_Bolt.thumb.JPG.3304fde409c3e9761f08e18be8b7ffe1.JPG

He fires it at one of the Riddler fanatics, and upon harpooning his leg he pulls the guy up so he has to hang from the rafters.

This one is interesting:

Riddler’s website rataalada.com redirects to a secret message that when decoded references the release dates to some key Batman comic issues.

One is 10/74 which is Batman 258 (first Arkham Asylum) which makes sense given what we know about the Gotham PD series becoming the Arkham series. 
………..but in Batman 258, two-Face also breaks out of Arkham.

it’s possible that Two-Face will be the villain in the sequel.

Who knows. Interesting stuff and I am loving how Comic-centric this all is:

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-batman-arg-seemingly-teases-sequel-storyline

(I thought this might be a bit spoiler-ish for those that haven’t seen the Batman yet so I am posting this here.)

Edited by eastriver31400

@kav

On 3/7/2022 at 3:15 PM, kav said:

Shapiro eviscerates this dud.

I'm not even sure what he is talking about with Batman marching down the street with Gotham citizens. That scene didn't even happen.

He leads people out of a collapsed arena containing the new mayor and her staff. So when you see that scene of a bunch of people under red lights following Batman, that is THE SCENE where he marches them out of the destroyed arena into the light. So he saves them after taking out all the shooters.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

@kav

I'm not even sure what he is talking about with Batman marching down the street with Gotham citizens. That scene didn't even happen.

He leads people out of a collapsed arena containing the new mayor and her staff. So when you see that scene of a bunch of people under red lights following Batman, that is THE SCENE where he marches them out of the destroyed arena into the light. So he saves them after taking out all the shooters.

Yeah.  The battle was over.  I didn’t particularly like the shot of Batman leading them out (it was a bit cheesy to me), but he didn’t stop fighting to lead a March.  He stopped the bad guys and was taking the people out of the arena.  

On 3/7/2022 at 5:44 PM, chrisco37 said:

Yeah.  The battle was over.  I didn’t particularly like the shot of Batman leading them out (it was a bit cheesy to me), but he didn’t stop fighting to lead a March.  He stopped the bad guys and was taking the people out of the arena.  

Right?

I was watching his video to give it a chance as not everyone is going to like every movie. But then when he started inserting Batman stopped fighting and now he should join Defund the Police and Habitat For Humanity he lost me where he was going.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:46 PM, Bosco685 said:

Right?

I was watching his video to give it a chance as not everyone is going to like every movie. But then when he started inserting Batman stopped fighting and now he should join Defund the Police and Habitat For Humanity he lost me where he was going.

steven-he-what-the-hell.gif.2ebebe1880ab408b9dd3eaab5e24e0c2.gif

On 3/7/2022 at 12:19 PM, fantastic_four said:

I remember watching Bourne Identity in Berlin. They paused the movie right in the middle of the Mini Cooper car chase...for a smoke break. Different strokes, different folks...

On 3/7/2022 at 2:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

@kav

He is a smart guy in general, but I have to totally disagree with Ben on his review of this movie.  I assumed he was going to love this movie for the most part. 

I haven't stopped thinking about The Batman (2022) since I saw it last night. hm

This really is the first Batman movie where after the movie was over I was thinking about Batman instead of the villains.  I felt like I was in the comic book pages nervous of what was going to happen next.  I could feel the dark tone, the angst, and the vibe of what a real Batman post Neal Adams, Frank Miller, Jeph Loeb truly feels like to me as a kid in the late 80/90's.  Growing up with the first Batman comics I ever read being Death in the Family, Killing Joke, Dark Knight, and the then current Jim Aparo art take on the character always had me thinking Batman was so close to cracking himself to the other side in which he was fighting against. This movie really is The Long Halloween, Year 2, dash of Hush, and a hint of Court of Owls which has me truly believing this is the start of something amazing.  I thought I was spoiled after the Nolan trilogy, but seriously its really only because of Health Ledger I am not saying The Batman (2022) is the best Batman movie I have ever seen!  It's knocking on my top list as #2 trying to push me to put it #1! 

After seeing it for a second time I just might rate this movie 4.9 out of 5 instead of 4.5

On 3/7/2022 at 6:45 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

He is a smart guy in general, but I have to totally disagree with Ben on his review of this movie.  I assumed he was going to love this movie for the most part. 

I've seen some of his movie reviewes previously for comic book films and was surprised how deep he could go into movie lore.

But this once sent out him off the political deep end for sure. Including inserting references I have no idea how he landed there.