• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Forum - Toxic Environment?
8 8

382 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2022 at 8:40 AM, Crops068 said:

You understand they are one and the same, right?  His role is to serve through communication and protect through harboring cooperation. (shrug)

So that makes him less of a person? hm

Like Marshal Matt Dillon on Gunsmoke? So which of you is Festus and Miss Kitty?

30446642692.jpg.ea818dcd69a35325982d08de41badde4.jpg

Edited by MyNameIsLegion

On 4/1/2022 at 9:40 AM, Crops068 said:

You understand they are one and the same, right?  His role is to serve through communication and protect through harboring cooperation. (shrug)

So that makes him less of a person? hm

It makes interjecting into threads where there's no need for moderation not a good call.

He's not part of the team anymore. He's a coach. He got promoted to the Manager position and he can't go to lunch with the guys anymore. Not sure why you can't see this.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:11 AM, Crops068 said:
On 4/1/2022 at 9:04 AM, FlyingDonut said:

It makes interjecting into threads where there's no need for moderation not a good call.

He's not part of the team anymore. He's a coach. He got promoted to the Manager position and he can't go to lunch with the guys anymore. Not sure why you can't see this.

lol  We will just have to agree to disagree.

My boss is my best friend since 5th grade.  I'd rather go to lunch with him than most other people on the planet.  So your argument is pretty invalid to me.

I see people as people.  No matter where they are on the hierarchy of whatever.  I would eat lunch with a CEO and a homeless guy at the same table.  I would even share my food with them.

Heck I would gladly sit at a table and hang with you and Mike at the same time. :foryou:

I think he's saying, everyone used to secretly know who the moderators were, and " they were all guys who hung out?"

But now that it's opened up to everyone and everyone can be friends with the moderator, instead of an "inclusive'in crowd" that his old friends are now disowning him? Is that what you're saying?

On 4/1/2022 at 10:35 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think he's saying, everyone used to secretly know who the moderators were, and " they were all guys who hung out?"

But now that it's opened up to everyone and everyone can be friends with the moderator, instead of an "inclusive'in crowd" that his old friends are now disowning him? Is that what you're saying?

Who is this addressed to because if that's to me it is 100% NOT what I'm saying.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:42 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Who is this addressed to because if that's to me it is 100% NOT what I'm saying.

Well then are you saying the old mods used to be a secret who they were,.so that they could still post freely as regular board members? Cause that is not entirely true either. I knew several of the old mods,!

I do not however know @CGC Mike old board handle, and I know him as boardie Mike that has a bit of moderation capabilities.

Nothing more nothing less. I really don't see a problem with it, he gets paid to do a job as his manager says. I'm not sure any boardie complaints or influence will change that. It's what he signed up for is all. But anyway

On 4/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well then are you saying the old mods used to be a secret who they were,.so that they could still post freely as regular board members? Cause that is not entirely true either. I knew several of the old mods,!

I do not however know @CGC Mike old board handle, and I know him as boardie Mike that has a bit of moderation capabilities.

Nothing more nothing less. I really don't see a problem with it, he gets paid to do a job as his manager says. I'm not sure any boardie complaints or influence will change that. It's what he signed up for is all. But anyway

No, that's not what I'm saying either. What I'm saying is he's no longer a boardie, he's now officially management and has to post as such. Interjecting into this thread in any capacity is wrong - that's not what a moderator should be doing. He's management. If he wants to post as a boardie, that's fine, but he can't do both.

The problem on this board for the three- or four-year period was exactly because there was remarkably heavy handed moderation that was absolutely not applied the same way across the boards by people who were both board members and moderators. They were doing a thankless job with no guidance or supervision, so it wasn't really their fault, and the actual CGC moderators had trigger fingers.

Now there's a "liaison" (whatever that is) in CGC Mike, who has some guidance and supervision, so that's great. But he's management and a moderator, and shouldn't be in conversations.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:05 AM, FlyingDonut said:

No, that's not what I'm saying either. What I'm saying is he's no longer a boardie, he's now officially management and has to post as such. Interjecting into this thread in any capacity is wrong - that's not what a moderator should be doing. He's management. If he wants to post as a boardie, that's fine, but he can't do both.

The problem on this board for the three- or four-year period was exactly because there was remarkably heavy handed moderation that was absolutely not applied the same way across the boards by people who were both board members and moderators. They were doing a thankless job with no guidance or supervision, so it wasn't really their fault, and the actual CGC moderators had trigger fingers.

Now there's a "liaison" (whatever that is) in CGC Mike, who has some guidance and supervision, so that's great. But he's management and a moderator, and shouldn't be in conversations.

I understand now where you're coming from.

However he has relayed info to higher ups for us to get clarity, but I can see how that can be perceived. No harm no foul. :)

• Administrator
On 4/1/2022 at 10:04 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Well, since I have taken the position at CGC I have not made one personal post or reacted to anyone's post.  I do this to remain unbiased.    I do realize I am not "part of the team" anymore.  I am supposed to make this a fun place for people to hang out.  It would also be hard for me to host the next grading contest later this month without posting.  Anyhow, I will not be changing how I do things here.  That is all I have to say on this matter.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:25 AM, Crops068 said:

Sure am glad I don't have a man bun, but what you got against my neck beard and flower smoking? HUH????? lol

20210718_230145.jpg.5d0a43fee49f83f2ef05ea098d5283f9.jpg

Spoiler

Also I really have nothing against you. :foryou: