• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Else Could Still Be Out There?
4 4

46 posts in this topic

I'm sure many of you already saw this, but last night some rando on eBay, who normally sells dolls, beads and assorted trinkets, auctioned a few GA gems that they evidently stumbled onto. They started the bidding on this WW#1 (described as an "old comic") at, umm, $99 :facepalm:. These rare sightings in the wild do give me hope that there are still things to be found in grandma's attic...

IMG_0409.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

Edited by Grottu

On 4/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, pemart1966 said:

What's wrong with starting the bidding at $99 ?

Nothing, if the seller is established enough in comics, and knows how to list it with a sufficient description, that he can safely expect a large audience of serious buyers who will bid the price up to where it belongs. I don't know about you, but every great deal I ever got on eBay was because a seller didn't know what they were doing and failed to list it well enough, so it got overlooked.

On 4/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, Robot Man said:

There is still stuff out there. I just got a text from a local guy about this recent hoarder house discovery in my area. Gotta get the full story. 

365B9FF4-C644-460D-B1A1-334B4AE9F602.jpeg

I think there is more out in the wild than we imagine 

There is still stuff out there. I just got a text from a local guy about this recent hoarder house discovery in my area. Gotta get the full story. 

???:whatthe:

:whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: 

Tell him I've absolutely GOT to have that Little Audrey Yearbook. Money is no object.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:21 AM, IngelsFan said:

As far as stuff that is in the wild, here’s a little story. I have a dealer buddy in the Southeast that I’ve been dealing with off and on since 1989. He has a guy that comes in every couple of years with two books in a crinkled brown paper bag. He sits and they talk for a while, cut cards, just basically hang out. He brings the books in because he knows that my friend likes them and would love to have them, but he isn’t interested in selling. Yet. He’s now a pretty elderly gentleman, and he brings these same two books in each time, just to let my friend know that he still has them and to promise him that he will sell them and the rest of his collection to him when he’s ready. The two books in that well-worn paper bag roughly grade out at around f/vf, according to my friend. Those books? 2 copies of Captain America Comics #1.

Just curious what is “pretty elderly”?…:roflmao:

On 4/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, lighthouse said:

Those keys are VERY carefully arranged to be on top of the piles.

Obviously. So curious as to what other obscure non men in tights GA are in those boxes? The guy that sent it to me is young and has a lot to learn. He thought the Little Audrey was junk.

He already told me that none will be available for sale but they will “go for auction”. That is a sign to me to just move on and not bother concerning myself about them.

This guy is a young local flipper who loves to cherry pick my stuff for his eBay fodder fix. He will have a rude suprise in store for himself next time he wants to finger my books…:sumo: