• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lost treasure trove rediscovered.
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Yeah, great story and a wonderful conclusion. What a great thing to do and I’m sure he very grateful.

I bought my nephew a full set of baseball cards and one copy of the best titles of comics on the stands the month he was born. Didn’t turn out as great value wise. And, my sister sold them at a garage sale a few years ago…

Great tale with a happy ending! It always niggles at the back of your mind when something like that goes missing. "Whatever happened to..." whatever it was, and I'm glad that in this case the collectible goodies all turned up intact. You don't mention what happened to the 100 NM copies of Marvel Premiere 31 though.....jus' sayin'.......(shrug)

Great story that strikes home for me... I have a number of boxes stashed away in nooks and crannies that are mostly old auction or flea market purchases from 25-40 years ago that I've long since forgotten.  Every once in a while I go searching for one to replenish my eBay store and I can't tell you how much fun it is to blow the dust off the boxes and see what's inside.  The latest one I opened had some pretty nice bronze DC horror including a HOS#92 and a Weird War Tales #1... I of course had to run to show my wife what I'd found like a total geek!  I've now taken to calling them "magical boxes".