• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2022 at 12:03 PM, Bird said:

oh, all I am doing is commenting as well. 22 pages and early pages seem to be $4-$6K in past...hmmm where is the over/under point? 100K over / under? 125? in what world is there someone going to pay $100K for cerebus, even 22 pages from a very early issue? Is it too early given the style or is the early style preferred? the serious bidders will all have different answers/degrees so who knows?

This is another good one for the creator see any $ discussion in that it provides an interesting contrast (I don't know too much about Sim and zero about circumstances consignor is in). Sim sure seems to have zero income at this point, selling the issue will be a nice windfall I imagine for the buyer (well played and clearly who was buying this for resale, I bought a few in 92 or whatever when Dave and Gerhard had them spread across a few tables on their tour, $100 each or maybe $125 the second time, buddy and I bought pages from the same issue, one of which is consigned but not yet listed)

I'd cut a check for 50, so I'm guessing the market is 100+ and maybe 150.    Its a great issue, with some great interiors, a first appearance and a rare opportunity to own a complete early issue.    I don't see how it doesn't do well.    

Edited by Bronty

On 4/23/2022 at 12:05 PM, Bronty said:

I'd cut a check for 50, so I'm guessing the market is 100+ and maybe 150.    Its a great issue, with some great interiors, a first appearance and a rare opportunity to own a complete early issue.    I don't see how it doesn't do well.    

I see 100 but 150+ starts to seem tough to me. Of course it is all conjecture so who knows what someone with that dinero will do, not I that is for sure. Cerebus is a dead property it seems. It should always garner respect and acclaim in my opinion but does anyone care much anymore is my question. Dave seems not to think so when I read his missives. I packed my stuff in anticipation of a move then withdrew out offer so I can't pull my phonebook to check it out. hmm. now I want to though.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:10 PM, Bird said:

I see 100 but 150+ starts to seem tough to me. Of course it is all conjecture so who knows what someone with that dinero will do, not I that is for sure. Cerebus is a dead property it seems. It should always garner respect and acclaim in my opinion but does anyone care much anymore is my question. Dave seems not to think so when I read his missives. I packed my stuff in anticipation of a move then withdrew out offer so I can't pull my phonebook to check it out. hmm. now I want to though.

150 gets more questionable to me as well.    Just a big check to write that starts to knock out players.   We shall see.

On 4/21/2022 at 10:05 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I think Teddie was indicating HA would get more if they sold the pages individually, rather than a single lot of complete interiors.

and history has shown he’s correct.  It just sets up a great arbitrage situation for Burkey or another dealer to buy the lot and sell the pages individually on their website.

we all know Burkey has done this with ASM 10 (and many other complete stories/books), and Albert has done the same, too (recently with a Ditko unpublished Flash Gordon story)

"WE ALL KNOW" ......Except...... Burkey never owned ASM 10....... But thanks for the mention.

(I guess i should tell Heritage to split up my Batman 428 consignment now!)  :)

Edited by romitaman

On 4/24/2022 at 4:19 AM, romitaman said:

"WE ALL KNOW" ......Except...... Burkey never owned ASM 10....... But thanks for the mention.

(I guess i should tell Heritage to split up my Batman 428 consignment now!)  :)

Thought you bought the ASM 10 for $158K at auction and split it up?  If not, then which issue

On 4/26/2022 at 8:16 PM, szav said:

Haha...ouch.  Garfield spirit is alive and well I tell ya!  My kids, at their request, are watching the old Garfield and friends show that ran for about a decade.  It's a welcome break from Paw-Patrol and Pokeman etc....

Bring em all on I say, I'll keep dumpster diving for the best ones while they cost as little as they do relative to so much else right now.

"Garfield...the best ones.."  Classic oxymoron example. lol

On 4/27/2022 at 10:35 PM, tth2 said:

lol

The lasagna jokes were as good the 7,467,211th time as they were the first time!

what's with the blue and white avatar, anyways?   What is that?