• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2022 at 4:55 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I’ll take the under 

What do you think it might finish at? Definitely can argue under, no Bane in costume etc. My $40k guess is based on who might be chasing the page and factoring in the overheated bidding we’ve seen. 

On 5/5/2022 at 7:55 AM, Twanj said:

Very worthy and I love Chic Stone on Kirby Thor. What an auction!!

On 5/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, grapeape said:

What do you think it might finish at? Definitely can argue under, no Bane in costume etc. My $40k guess is based on who might be chasing the page and factoring in the overheated bidding we’ve seen. 

Prior to this past 18 months, I would have said it’s a $3K page.  In today’s market, $20K is a crazy price to me.  No Batman, no action, no Bane in costume.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:31 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Prior to this past 18 months, I would have said it’s a $3K page.  In today’s market, $20K is a crazy price to me.  No Batman, no action, no Bane in costume.

I’m with you on the pre 2021 pricing. Believe me my guesstimate is based more on the fever that seems to have overridden reasoned FMV in many purchases, than on what I personally would value the page at. Internally I still have a FMV clock that disallows me from paying these prices. This is fascinating to experience though.

We’ll find out. Some really great stuff in this auction.(thumbsu

On 4/16/2022 at 7:02 PM, stinkininkin said:

Of course, I've never even contemplated buying a McFarlane in my life, so what do I know?

I would love to hear more about this.

You always stuck mainly to vintage art?
You already had pieces of his you got from work collaboration(s)?
Competitive rivalry?
Hate his anatomy?
Hate his accent?

I just imagined that for at least a short while, the Image founders were like football teammates...high-fiving, hanging out together, partying and jamming, trading and drawing in each others' sketchbooks, drink and draws, etc...

Edited by J.Sid

On 5/4/2022 at 11:38 PM, Xatari said:

I think it is the first time Bane hears of Batman. Pretty historic page.

Normally I'd scoff at something like this, but then I think back to the first time I heard Joy Division. CHANGED MUH LIFE! That was historic to me. 
So, anything's possible.

On 5/5/2022 at 12:12 PM, grapeape said:

Very worthy and I love Chic Stone on Kirby Thor. What an auction!!

Looking at the Captain America Kirby/Stone pages from last auction I'm guessing these will be in the $25K-50K for panel pages with Thor on them. I actually think these pages are better than the Cap pages FWIW. 

On 5/5/2022 at 7:50 PM, comix4fun said:

Normally I'd scoff at something like this, but then I think back to the first time I heard Joy Division. CHANGED MUH LIFE! That was historic to me. 
So, anything's possible.

Joy Division?

Let it be known from this day forward, in grapeApe, you have a new brother, for life. Let it be known, cross ye not the one they call noble comix4fun, lest ye care to face the wrath of mighty 🍇 🦍.....

70624EA1-D39E-4FD9-96A2-9659371071C5.gif.d4b3d7e28e1523c9f15460a081b7cb0f.gif

On 5/5/2022 at 9:34 PM, J.Sid said:

I would love to hear more about this.

You always stuck mainly to vintage art?
You already had pieces of his you got from work collaboration(s)?
Competitive rivalry?
Hate his anatomy?
Hate his accent?

I just imagined that for at least a short while, the Image founders were like football teammates...high-fiving, hanging out together, partying and jamming, trading and drawing in each others' sketchbooks, drink and draws, etc...

Scott must have been very busy yesterday with the CGC in-house signing (Lee/Williams/Sinclair).  I can only imagine how many thousands of books he had to sign!

On 5/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, grapeape said:

Joy Division?

Let it be known from this day forward, in grapeApe, you have a new brother, for life. Let it be known, cross ye not the one they call noble comix4fun, lest ye care to face the wrath of mighty 🍇 🦍.....

70624EA1-D39E-4FD9-96A2-9659371071C5.gif.d4b3d7e28e1523c9f15460a081b7cb0f.gif

Joy Division = good.

New Order = better

On 5/6/2022 at 7:03 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Joy Division = good.

New Order = better

I can’t go with you there. But unlike some crazy people who are one or the other,... I love them both. I’m happy that the brutal loss of Ian didn’t silence the creativity of the other lads.

Good on you though we have some real musicologists on the board 🎶 

So before we get canceled for talking music on the OA, does anyone know of a comic book with art that covers Joy Division or New Order?

:headbang:

On 5/6/2022 at 9:03 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Joy Division = good.

New Order = better

I love them both for very different reasons. JD was more raw and visceral and the songs poured out like a poet bleeding out on the floor. New Order was far more polished but the emotions behind the songs was far deeper than the dance beats would make you initially think. They both work together in my musical memory perfectly. 

Along with getting a license at 16 came my first real girlfriend and she was immediately and deeply in love with (no, not with me) New Order Substance which came out that summer. So, that disc is in permanent replay in my brain whenever I think of the late 80's.